interaural effect on some records

2»

Comments

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    @DarqueKnight

I can see you put a lot of thought into your replies!
    Yes a lot of what you say is true, but you are forgetting one thing I asked you.

Recordings are not made (most) in the manner Polk or you describe.
    Most of what you say would be true, IF things were how you envision and how Polk describes typical recordings.

But do we not all know, probably 95% of recordings are multitrack creations at a mixing board, with a soundstage is created by the engineer, not the other way around.
    So in essence there never was/is a real soundstage that requires interaural crosstalk cancellation.
    It is all a studio creation, that has no semblance to a real live event.

I really like the SDA effect and in theory it should work quite well for sure.

"Take Five" is an example of something that I think it works great on!
    a lot of Jazz and classical, it truly does sound great, I agree.

But most music from the 60's forward, you know most pop and rock, it was not intended for that kind of studio created stuff.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    KM,
    I think your best bet is to agree to disagree and leave it at that. You asked for intelligent conversation about the subject matter, you got it from several, but your not grasping the concept.....or maybe you are but fail to see how it applies to todays recordings. I don't think DK could have laid it out any simpler.

Might be in everyones best interest to just agree to disagree and move on before this goes south. Just sayin'....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    tonyb wrote: »
    Might be in everyones best interest to just agree to disagree and move on before this goes south. Just sayin'....

Hey! I'm from the South! What are you implicating, yankee dog?!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited July 2017
    as a transplanted Yankee (albeit one born south of the Mason-Dixon line, if barely) -- do I need to step in and provide counterpoint at this juncture?

;)
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    K_M wrote: »
    @DarqueKnight
    I can see you put a lot of thought into your replies!

@K_M

There are some rational people who have the same questions as you do and who honestly seek knowledge and understanding. My replies go into some detail for the benefit of such people.
    Yes a lot of what you say is true, but you are forgetting one thing I asked you.

I didn't forget anything at all. I addressed your questions in full technical detail and I provided credible technical documentation, in this thread, and in the thread from March 2017, to support my points.

When I asked you to provide technical documentation to support your points, you deflected. Why would you attempt to malign a product's technical design when you can't even provide a credible and documented technical rebuttal to support your points?
    Recordings are not made (most) in the manner Polk or you describe. Most of what you say would be true, IF things were how you envision and how Polk describes typical recordings.

The salient point is that, no matter how a recording is made: mono, binaural, multimike stereo, multitrack stereo, whatever, any material played through two stereo loudspeakers will be affected by interaural crosstalk.

IAC is something that MUST be addressed at the loudspeaker because it is created by the loudspeaker. Carver Corporation invented an electronic system to address IAC, but it introduced unnatural artifacts into the sound. The same thing occurs when recording engineers attempt to use electronic manipulation to minimize IAC.
    But do we not all know, probably 95% of recordings are multitrack creations at a mixing board, with a soundstage is created by the engineer, not the other way around. So in essence there never was/is a real soundstage that requires interaural crosstalk cancellation.
    It is all a studio creation, that has no semblance to a real live event.

You probably think you are making sense, but you keep proving that you have no understanding whatsoever of how stereophonic reproduction works. Therefore, it is impossible for you, and others like you, to grasp techniques aimed at improving stereophonic performance if you can't grasp the basic operational principles.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    OUCH..... Well put Ray
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Ray,
    I stepped away when it was obvious that I was beating my head against a wall. Thank you for your (as always) eloquent and fact based discussion.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Ray, You always do a great job with thorough factual investigation, and outcome....but just to let you know.....

fc9i11zr8f93.jpg

Sorry for the derail...just can't help myself sometimes

But seriously, your write ups ad reviews are great to read!!!!
    TY
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a