Electrostatic Headphone System

voltz
voltz Posts: 5,384
2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD

Comments

• halen
    halen Posts: 675
    I checked in and right back out. My ears have been cheating on me so they don't deserve the sheep skin treatment.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    Ordered a set, a backup set, and a set as a gift to you, Durl, for pointing out this great deal at $49.99.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    Why am I getting fraud prevention alerts from my cc company?
    I disabled signatures.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Someone was having trouble with the "new math".
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited July 2017
    They waited until you ordered them and then they moved the decimal point :#
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I actually have that exact system and am quite pleased with it, I planned to do a writeup on it here and haven't gotten around to it yet. A few quick points:

1 - The headphones and amp MUST be used with each other, neither can be used on their own
    2 - I'm not a huge fan of the cable, it's kinda thick and kludgy, but I think it basically HAS to be that way to work.
    3 - These are a little lean on the bass, which rules them out for some types of music.

With those three issues in mind, they sound fantastic! They have a very natural sound to them, instrument timbre in particular is spot on. So I don't tend to listen to much rock or electronic music on these given the somewhat lean bass, but things like jazz, vocals, acoustic, classical, and blues all sound fantastic on these and they're my go to cans for any of those