Tom Petty this coming weekend

Options
Going to upstate New York to see Petty. Seen him before but this is the 1st one outdoors. Hitting a few wineries before the concert...hope it's good weather. Any other Polkies going too?
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    I'm going to see him next week at Summerfest in Milwaukee. Saw him early May I think it was in New Orleans at Jazzfest at the big stage outside. It was an awesome show, like every of the dozen or so times I've seen him since about 1990 or so. You're going to love this tour, they're "on"
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I've seen him twice at Summerfest in the early 00's and both shows were outstanding. Small chance I might be going this year, but not sure yet.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • dromunds
    Options
    C'mon, he's the Mayor of Milwaukee. Lol. He's playing two nights at Summerfest. >:) I haven't decided yet which night I'm going to attend.
  • dromunds
    Options
    Muncybob, here's an outdoor photo to wet your whistle at little.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/editor/ky/k2asvig0ie6i.jpg
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    Looking forward to it...hope we aren't standing for the whole thing though!
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • dromunds
    Options
    muncybob: how was it?
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    Had a good time. Even though we arrived at the field at what I thought was a fairly early time we were still a ways back from the stage. Good thing there were decent size monitors or we would have been watching a stick figure band.
    The sound was good but I imagine much better in the not-cheap seats way up front. The band was firing on all cylinders. Next to us was a group of people with one guy taking what we thought was a nap...he was passed out through everything and they were having a hard time getting him to his feet at the end....what a waste. He must have either over indulged prior to the show or had a lot of $$ to spend on the $8 cans of beer.
  • dromunds
    Options
    Lol. When I lived in Green Bay I used to go over by the buses that brought fans in from Milwaukee and other cities. There was always some guy who was passed out on the bus from drinking too much on the way and I would get a good seat from his wife/friends for face value because the guy couldn't be roused. It never ceases to amaze me how people can get so smashed before an event that they pass out and miss the event!