What do I need to drive Sennheiser 650's?

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
I imagine that my P5 will run them but will my iFi Nano?

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Try it and find out. I run mine off a Benchmark DAC.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I think it will be fine
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I'll be using my BH Crack *snicker* :p
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • BH Crack + 650s -- a great combination, to be sure. But you can get very close to that with a Schiit Vali 2. Replace the stock tube (which is pretty good) with RCA 6CG7 (plentiful on eBay) and you'll get a big, warm, full sound thru the 650s. If you like razor-sharp analytical sound, this isn't for you. But works for me!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I run a Little Dot I+ for my AKGs...going to try the same amp with my new HD558s. My first pair of Senns though...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Either source would work. However, the 650s are 300 ohm headphones and your 598s are 50 ohm. The 650s may not go as loud as the 598s, or they may. Only way to see for sure if the volume and sound quality is what you are looking for is to try them with your sources. Most of the concern with the 650s or 600s is using them with portable battery powered devices. Since they are both open backed headphones, I have never used mine outside the house anyway so use with portable devices has been a non issue for me. They perform best with a dedicated headphone amp of course.