The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Reminds me of candy apple red in the picture.

Yup, whst I was thinking. Maybe a bit more maroon in it. Sharp as hell!
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited June 2017
    F1nut wrote: »
    So, what kind of car was that and what did it have in it? Got any trophies to show us?

Hey man you just got yelled at by the moderator for being mean to me (and others) and I got yelled at for not staying on topic (even though I wasn't nearly as off topic as some). Now you want me to go off topic so you can be mean to me again?

We'll both end-up getting banned!

lol
  • deronb1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    How much they pay for a job farter Deron :p

Ha ha i know what you meant couldn't help myself

Ha! Didnt catch that. I receive no additional pay for farting....unfortunately!
  • Gatecrasher
    the color is amazing I think anyway.

What colors could you have ordered it in? I know with a lot of the limited edition cars they only offer one or two choices. Could you get the Demon in any color available for the regular models?
  • deronb1
    Whooaaa Black Betty...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited June 2017
    I've been fortunate over the years to ride in souped up cars, T-buckets, pro stadium trucks etc. Seen plenty of blue sky and stadium ceilings too. Grew up in the muscle car era with the big carbs and blowers etc.

My IT guy who is an avid Mustang fan, with a couple classics, but also buys the new high performance models every 2-3yrs. Cars have gotten crazy nuts over the last few years. Hitting 0-60's in the 3's and now 2's. I recently took a ride in his latest 600+hp factory 'stang and was blown away just sitting in the cockpit.

Nothing like the early days

Congrats John
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2017
    Is that "Boxcar" in your avi Deronb?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1

Used to be. Kinda sorry i sokd it at times, but really isnt a daiodqn8bvryuc1.jpg
    ly driver
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    So, what kind of car was that and what did it have in it? Got any trophies to show us?

Hey man you just got yelled at by the moderator for being mean to me (and others) and I got yelled at for not staying on topic (even though I wasn't nearly as off topic as some). Now you want me to go off topic so you can be mean to me again?

lol

Why do you consider this off track. It is a legitimate question to comments you made I'd like to know as well.
  • nooshinjohn
    deronb1 wrote: »

Used to be. Kinda sorry i sokd it at times, but really isnt a daiodqn8bvryuc1.jpg
    ly driver

Talking about the aircraft in your avi photo...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    Lol...Ha. Ya, sure is. Live close to Air Force Museum.
  • nooshinjohn
    I need lots of pictures from there if you can... had hundreds of them but the stupid cameras did not develop properly.

• deronb1
    I need lots of pictures from there if you can... had hundreds of them but the stupid cameras did not develop properly.

Ill be going back fairly soon. I never really take many pics because can go anytime. Will snap some and send. Anything in particular?
  • nooshinjohn
    Everything lol...

• deronb1
    Everything lol...

Wow! Ok. May take awhile...lol. When is the last time you went?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708

lol

Ummm......no, I didn't.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    its not off topic gatecrasher. I love car picks and since this a car thread then I would like to see you upload a pic of yours.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    That would be interesting to see.

To save me the trouble of looking up the available colors, John, what's the official name for that color ?
    I like that darker red. Black is nice and a lot of good things can be said for it (although I have no idea where Dodge was able to pick up black paint).
    But that red ...... elegant, yet looks like it would punch you in the gut if given the chance. :):D
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    Octane Red is the name of the color...

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I was wondering because I have a F150 in "Toreador Red" which is in the ballpark of the "Octane Red". I like it a whole lot better than the lighter, brighter reds.
    "Octane Red" : they could have almost named it "Achtung Red" because it definitely grabs your attention.
    Sal Palooza
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206

lol

ezlo0tquervq.gif
  • Gatecrasher
    Ummm......no, I didn't.

So this didn't happen?

Good morning all,

@ZLTFUL, thank you for tagging me in this.

Everyone needs to calm down.

@F1nut, @vmaxer, @lightman1 - No more personal attacks. Class, clue and halitosis. You may not like @Gatecrasher, but keep it to yourself. I don't think that was called for when @Gatecrasher was trying to share an opinion.

@polkfarmboy and @txcoastal1, no need to go back and forth and bring someone's very personal life details into this thread. Let it go.

@Gatecrasher, let's keep it on topic.

@nooshinjohn, sorry this happened in your thread.

There are no more warnings at this point. If there is going to be hostility towards other members then the aggressor will be out of here, no questions asked.

This thread was brought to the attention of the moderators and this was the response. You may not agree with it and I may not either but that's what was said.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2017
    It wasn't a personal attack. I pick on everbody. No one is exclusive.
    Heck... I pick on myself more than anything.
    Just axe TonyB.....he's a stumpy, grumpy Eyetalion....
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Gotta admit, The lightman is equal opportunity.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    daboyz wrote: »
    Gotta admit, The lightman is equal opportunity.

Who loves ya, Dave?
  • Gatecrasher
    I can take it and wasn't upset at your comment lightman1. I was asking a sincere question about the exclusivity of the car and it was by no means meant to be a personal attack or any "snarky bs" per say.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    I mean no offense, but what a waste. Drive the dam car while it has warranty. If proper care is taken it will be as good as new with some miles on it. 3M that bad boy and have fun with it.

The car is very nice. I would die not cracking that demon package. And I would give it a $hit kicking every Sunday. You would be surprised what happens to a car just sitting there.

Mikey, bite your tounge, he is in California! I was advising him to hang it out all over the edge just to take it around the block, once!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Sit on it for 48 years and you may get 3.5 billion, that also may be the price bread by then???

http://rpm-mag.com/2016/09/five-of-the-most-expensive-american-muscle-cars-ever-sold/
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Sit on it for 48 years and you may get 3.5 billion, that also may be the price bread by then???

http://rpm-mag.com/2016/09/five-of-the-most-expensive-american-muscle-cars-ever-sold/

How do the production numbers of those five compare to the titular Dodge product?
    I am thinking they were rather lower (like the Shelby, which, if I read correctly was 1 of 1 produced).
This discussion has been closed.