FS: Audioquest Slate Bi-Wire speaker cables 20' or 10', your choice.

I have a 20' set of original factory terminated Audio Quest Slate speaker wires. This is the original round, LCG SST Octo-Helix design, not the newer dual quad design. They have black nylon outer sheath and have banana terminations on both ends with bi-wire at the speaker end.

I had plans to cut these in half and re-terminate them to use one set and sell the other, but I know at least one person was interested in the longer set.

So, I can offer these either as the original 20' pair for $200 shipped, or I can cut them in half and re-terminate with AQ silver coated copper spades. They will be properly soldered and heat shrunk. If I do this, I would sell one 10' pair for $100 shipped. You can choose whether you want the spades at the amp end (original bananas at the speaker) or spades at the speaker end with original bananas at the amp.

I will add photos tonight.
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    I didn't manage to get photos last night, but I did find this old speaker cable chart that shows the round Slate configuration. I will try to get photos tonight.

i2wjzvkz9u0z.jpg

Also, I thought about the pricing. I may have been a little steep.

I think $160 for the 20' pair or $80 for a 10' pair is more in line. Both prices are shipped to CONUS.
  • billbillw
    edited September 2014
    Finally managed to get some pics of these:
    P92711421280x960.jpg~original
    P92711431280x960.jpg~original
    P92711461280x960.jpg~original
    P92711441280x960.jpg~original
    P92711451280x960.jpg~original
  • billbillw
    OK, looks like I'll be cutting these in half. One 10' pair of the AQ Slates is sold. Thanks Darryl.

I'll be holding on to the other 10' section for now and comparing to my Nanotec Golden Strata cables.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    How do you like your Golden Stratas? Any impressions you can post?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    I'm interested in bi-wiring, but have a set of Ben's silver cables for my Rti10's and Csi3. Would I notice a big difference between the fronts and my center if I were to go this route, and ended up with 2 different types of wire in place? With the understanding that you're not currently selling the other 10' pair, but may at some point in future.

Thanks.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • billbillw
    edited October 2014
    jflail2 wrote: »
    I'm interested in bi-wiring, but have a set of Ben's silver cables for my Rti10's and Csi3. Would I notice a big difference between the fronts and my center if I were to go this route, and ended up with 2 different types of wire in place? With the understanding that you're not currently selling the other 10' pair, but may at some point in future.

Thanks.
    Big difference? Honestly, cabling differences are always extremely subtle in my opinion.

Also, if it wasn't clear, this sale is closed at this point.
    One pair of 10' Slates is sold, and I plan to use the other set for comparison with the Nanotecs.

drumminman wrote: »
    How do you like your Golden Stratas? Any impressions you can post?
    I have no complaints about them. They don't do anything wrong IMO, but I haven't performed any direct comparisons. Since I have the unused 10' section of Slates now, I will probably go ahead and terminate them and do some comparisons with the proper length Slates.

• billbillw
    edited June 2017
    Bump from the past. I finally had a chance to terminate the other set of Audioquest Slates and compare them to my Nanotec Golden Strada. I'm keeping the Golden Strada. They seem to work better in my current system.

So, I'm offering up the remaining 10' pair of Audioquest Slate Bi-Wire. The set remaining have really nice factory terminated bananas on the speaker end (bi-wire). On the amp end, I terminated with Audioquest silver plated copper spades using Cardas Quad-Eutectic solder. Heat shrunk with some tech flex. I had to use a bit of electrical tape to wrap the thicker section of main wire. Overall, they came out pretty nice.

These Slates are the Circular Helix HyperLitz version of Slates as shown in the diagram above. They are solid wire with a pair of varying thickness long grain copper for each frequency (bass/treble). A total of 8 conductors per side for a total of 12AWG. Overall, they are a nice sounding set of cables. Solid bass, no smearing of the treble.

Looking for $100 shipped (CONUS) for the pair. PM with questions or offers.

63lkgc046orz.jpg
    accj3jcaev8p.jpg
    yyxkns4odwb4.jpg
    cu7wacxkwk0c.jpg
  • billbillw
    Bump. Price changed to $85 shipped for this 10 foot set.
  • billbillw
    Any interest here? This is a great set of cables for someone looking to upgrade from lamp cord style cable and to get rid of the cheap flat tin jumpers that come on most full range speakers.
  • billbillw
    If anyone is not sure what newer AQ cables these might be very similar to...I suspect the are nearly identical the Type 8 that Audioadvisor is selling. The description is almost to a T. Looks like they want $225 for a 10' bi-wire pair...and that's a clearance price.
  • billbillw
    Bump for a nice set of cables.
  • billbillw
    pending
  • billbillw
    Officially sold. Thanks Carlton.