The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Ahhh here we go... the thread crappers have come out in force tonight. If only @KenCustomerService worked on the weekends to see the passive-aggressive pissing and moaning that happens when he isn't working.

Reported.

giphy.gif
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Please post some pics. on here when you get it. You might want to have Expel applied to it just to preserve the paint to reduce rock chips. Glad you have the opportunity to get your hands on one and screw what everyone else thinks!
  • I cannot fathom why a special edition of a mass production (run of the mill) car would be desirable in the future let alone worth a whole bunch of money. I am not a car guy and these are just my thoughts.

I dont know anything about the gatecrasher poster but its typical mob... no sorry ...classical club polk mob mentality going on and the reason why no ones ever really comes here or why people leave. Typical John with that classic predictable ... Wahh wahh hypocritical stay the hell out of 'my' thread yet he jumps in with his 2 cents on every other thread to just troll or be the funny guy.

Remember that this could be the fastest production car of all time, excluding electric . I really can't see anything in the future eclipsing it in absolute power. That fact alone could make it very collectible.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Remember that this could be the fastest production car of all time, excluding electric . I really can't see anything in the future eclipsing it in absolute power. That fact alone could make it very collectible.

That's a very good point. The Demon could be, and probably will be, the Last of the Mohicans.
    Is it a gamble of sorts ? Sure, but a gamble that could pay off big or, at worst, have a low rate of return on investment.
    But a little fun should be had in the process, so it's all good.

It might be recommended that he invest in something more solid, like say a Porsche Boxster. That would be a good idea, wouldn't it ? o:)

Sal Palooza
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ^ Koenigsegg... They already have a "mega" car and more insanity is just around the corner.

And guys, please try to keep this thread on topic... So far it hasn't left a good impression.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    It's a beautiful car and definitely worth the money. Fastest production car of all time...for now.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    TForan wrote: »
    I cannot fathom why a special edition of a mass production (run of the mill) car would be desirable in the future let alone worth a whole bunch of money. I am not a car guy and these are just my thoughts.

I dont know anything about the gatecrasher poster but its typical mob... no sorry ...classical club polk mob mentality going on and the reason why no ones ever really comes here or why people leave. Typical John with that classic predictable ... Wahh wahh hypocritical stay the hell out of 'my' thread yet he jumps in with his 2 cents on every other thread to just troll or be the funny guy.

Faster than a Bugatti Cheron? How well it will go around Nurburgring? Not trying to say the Demon won't be awesome, because it's a well engineered product, but it will be eclipsed........every car before it has been. No one thought at the time the Veyron would be eclipsed, it was, in a fairly short amount of time.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    It's tuned and weight reduced to be set up for drag racing and acceleration, not top speed or performance around a track as its shaped like a brick and its tires are built for straight line speed. It's also not really intended for use on public roads as a passenger car. If I had one, I would choose to store it too and only tow it to a track on a trailer occasionally.

Of course, another option for someone who is into racing these things is to buy a stock Hellcat and have it tuned to outperform a stock Demon, which is what has been done with many Hellcats. Low mileage stock Hellcats seem to be going for between $52K and $55K in my area.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    The Demon is the one that eclipsed the Veyron. :D:D

I saw a Veyron the other day at Calabasas Commons. It's plate said "WHYTRY", and all I wanted at that moment was my Demon next to it for a photograph. My plate says "UWILLUZ".
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • heiney9
    The McLaren eclipsed the Veyron several years ago. One can certainly build a single purpose car............like a straight line car pretty easily since you don't have to deal with real world issues.

In a straight line it (The Veyron) might loose by a few ticks. Straight line performance is only good for one thing. I guess if one likes a 1 dimensional car, then go for it! :D

H9

P,s, the last sentence is said in jest and good fun.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nooshinjohn
    There are plenty of fantastic sports cars out there that will trounce the Demon around the 'ring, but this one is a musclecar. They never did corner worth a crap anyway.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • heiney9
    Not trying to take anything away from the Demon, it's an incredible statement piece. I think people get carried away w/pure numbers. The numbers were achieved with slicks at a drag strip. Not on standard pavement, etc. On regular pavement trying to keep it hooked up will take some trial runs to get the best launch.....lol :):o:D

I think Tforan meant to say, it will probably not be eclipsed by another muscle car.

H9
  • nooshinjohn
    I would not be at all surprised to see this car force some debate on whether or not such cars should even be legal to own for street use.

• Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Agreed John. I can see a number of these wrapped around utility poles only because it's too much car for the uninitiated.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited June 2017
    I would not be at all surprised to see this car force some debate on whether or not such cars should even be legal to own for street use.

I have been into musclecars and hotrodding for 40 years now and while this Demon may be one of the baddest factory musclecars to ever see the street, there are a lot more powerful street-legal cars out there.

The first lesson to be learned about having a bad-azz car (no matter how rad it is) is that there is always something out there that is faster.

But that's a moot point since you aren't going to drive yours anyway right?

It's purely an all-show and no-go investment isn't it? lol

We'll see if you can resist driving it. I know I wouldn't be able to.
  • heiney9
    edited June 2017
    Overall I think it's a good buy as an investment. You will always get more than you paid if it's well cared for and only driven on occasion. I don't think you'll be able to retire on the $$$ in 20 years, but should easily recoup any monies spent over the next 20 years and then some.

It'll never be a million dollar car and I think it'd be a stretch to see $500K. Too many are being built and I bet a very good portion will be kept as "collectors" items hoping to cash in at a later date.............that kills its collectability.

H9
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Overall I think it's a good buy as an investment. You will always get more than you paid if it's well cared for and only driven on occasion. I don't think you'll be able to retire on the $$$ in 20 years, but should easily recoup any monies spent over the next 20 years and then some.

It'll never be a million dollar car and I think it'd be a stretch to see $500K. Too many are being built and I bet a very good portion will be kept as "collectors" items hoping to cash in at a later date.............that kills its collectability.

H9

+1, but I have to wonder - if it truly is an investment, and there's an offer for twice what was paid... mission accomplished, no? B)

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I have been into musclecars and hotrodding for 40 years now and while this Demon may be one of the baddest factory musclecars to ever see the street, there are a lot more powerful street-legal cars out there.

I believe we're discussing off the factory floor machines. Please try to remain on topic.

[quote="Gatecrasher"} The first lesson to be learned about having a bad-azz car (no matter how rad it is) is that there is always something out there that is faster. [/quote]

I believe we're discussing off the factory floor machines. Please try to remain on topic.
    (as a courtesy, I will mention that with a finite number of cars, there isn't ALWAYS something out there that is faster. You're welcome)
    But that's a moot point since you aren't going to drive yours anyway right?
    It's purely an all-show and no-go investment isn't it? lol
    We'll see if you can resist driving it. I know I wouldn't be able to.

Uhm ...... :/

Sal Palooza
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 365
    edited June 2017
    I said production car and a Veyron or McLaren are hardly that. They're making over 3000 Demons this year, so it's not like real limited production. I think with the coming wave of autonomous electric cars and that mindset, I just don't see a (production) car coming with any more HP . Of course there's faster modded cars, but that's not the point. And no it's not built for the 'Ring.

Car[iii] Year[iv] Time[v] Noted specs[viii]
    Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 2018 9.65 sec[65] Limited to 3,300 produced
    Bugatti Veyron Super Sport 2011 9.7 sec[23] Limited to 30 produced
    McLaren P1 2014 9.8 sec @ 148.9 mph (239.6 km/h)[31] Limited to 375 produced, hybrid-electric
    Porsche 918 Spyder 2014 9.8 sec @ 145 mph (233.4 km/h)[6][7] Limited to 918 produced, hybrid-electric, naturally aspirated
    LaFerrari[x] 2015 9.8 sec [66] Limited to 499 produced, hybrid-electric, naturally aspirated, 9.7 sec @ 148.5–149.1 mph published downhill 1.4% slope at Ferrari Test Track, 11.03 sec @ 141.75 mph measured on neutral ground[17]
    Bugatti Veyron 2006 10.175 sec @ 139.44 mph (224.4 km/h)[67][68] Limited to 420 produced
    Lamborghini Aventador and Aventador SV 2012 10.4 sec @ 134.7–141.3 mph (216.8–227.4 km/h)[35][41][69] Aventador SV limited to 600 produced, naturally aspirated, 0-200 mph (322 km/h) in 33.5 seconds
    McLaren 650S and 675LT 2015 10.4 sec @ 136.1 mph (219.0 km/h)[43] 650S and 675LT equally quick, with latter being more track-oriented; 675LT limited to 1000 produced (including Coupé and Spider combined)
    Tesla Model S P100D w/Ludicrous+ Update 2016[ix] 10.44 sec @ 124.2 MPH [70] All-electric, with 5(+2) seats; fastest-accelerating sedan
    Porsche 991 Turbo S 2016 10.5 sec[24] Rear-engine, with 2+2 seats
    Lamborghini Huracán 2015 10.6 sec @ 132.8 mph (213.7 km/h)[27] Naturally aspirated; 10.4 @ 135 1/4 done with ringer
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited June 2017

H9

If I was buying this car purely as an investment and had a big-time offer right off the bat, I'd sell it because the future is uncertain for cars like this. It will always be worth what he paid for it if he never drives it but it may never be worth more than it is right now. Not unless he waits 50 years.

The reason is that if Dodge makes another batch next year the same guys who are willing to pay big bucks for this one will be after the newer ones - especially if Dodge makes some improvements.

After that it could be a long time before the Demon will ever be worth as much as it is right now to some fanatic with money to burn.

People who snatched-up ZR-1 Corvettes thinking they would hold onto the cars while not driving them saw the exact same thing as their dreams of raking-in huge profits evaporated after one year.

If you are buying this car purely as an investment and have someone right now who is willing to double your investment, it would be pretty-foolish to hold onto it.
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited June 2017
    Be happy for this cat,, (get it)

Hell, it's his first NEW car, he is buying it as an investment and he is not going to drive it or use it as a car. I have some records like that! :)

Reading his posts, he owns multiple buildings and his house (investments), he already said he is getting it towed to his house and that he wont break the seal on the actual HellCat feature. So he has made his mind up that he will not use this as a car but as a money maker for the future.

Is it a complete waste of a car's main use and purpose.. yes of course it is. Not even he can argue that fact.
    Is it a sound clear smart investment, maybe! No one knows but this dude is hoping it is and that seems to be the driving force on his purchase.

He seems to like talking about how fast it is and that it can beat other cars but yet will not know that as he will not drive it. (that is his choice, cause its his car)

Will it win any drag races? Yes but not his car or the driver.
    Will it sound great when hitting the gas at 40 mph with the exhaust screaming and the back end fish tailing while he trys to control it.. would be cool but he wont experience it!
    What about those Nitto Drag Radials.. will he get the chance to put it in first gear, hold the line lock and smoke them for 10 seconds while the smell of rubber burning and smoke fills the inside. Not a chance eh...
    What about the adrenaline rush as he pulls up to the Christmas tree and the lights come down and he hits the gas! NOPE...

Again is it a waste.. seems to be but I respect that and his use of the car.

He also mentioned that he would like to have drove the car beside a guy that actually drives his car and take a picture of the two of them together. JUST to show that owner that his car is faster or slower. Do this after you find out how fast your is!

I am a car guy before a stereo guy, I drag race and I race my car. I have won many races and lost lots as well. But... it ticks me off to hear guy's bench race while their car has never run down a track or they have never driven their car. This has been an issue for years and years and I guess will never stop..

Sorry new car guy, but your posts triggered me.. I can say this with sincerity though.. I hope you enjoy your new car if you get it, They are a work of art but should not be treated like art. (my opinion)

Pro tip... your car is fast on paper and by other people that have driven them.. I really hope you find out how fast and enjoyable a fast car can be to drive but you won't with it in the garage. But as you said you are buying it for an investment.. Be cool
    Post edited by gfong on
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2017
    >:):D I do plan on about 500 miles or so, does that count?

• heiney9
    edited June 2017
    Tforan,

The Veyron and others may not fit your idea of a production car, but they were/are production cars. They were sold to the public and not just kept at the manufacturer.

Also the numbers listed for the Demon were with drag slicks at the race track (IIRC). Put in on regular tarmac with OEM tires and see how it fares.

That's all I'm saying, not in any way, shape or form trying to drag this thread down and say the Demon isn't an awesome automotive machine, etc. It is a menacing car.

To say the other cars aren't production cars is just plain wrong.

H9

P.s. The other cars were built for a different purpose and it's hard to compare them all as having the same target, end game.
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited June 2017
    >:):D I do plan on about 500 miles or so, does that count?

Sure does.. ha ha I edited my post cause after I read it , it kinda attacked you. that was not my intention. I hope you get the enjoyment out of that work of art. They are beasts.. Congrats.

I saw two of them at the NHRA Summit Nationals this weekend at Norwalk, Ohio. Dodge had a Hell Cat drag race simulator set up.
  • Good morning all,

@ZLTFUL, thank you for tagging me in this.

Everyone needs to calm down.

@F1nut, @vmaxer, @lightman1 - No more personal attacks. Class, clue and halitosis. You may not like @Gatecrasher, but keep it to yourself. I don't think that was called for when @Gatecrasher was trying to share an opinion.

@polkfarmboy and @txcoastal1, no need to go back and forth and bring someone's very personal life details into this thread. Let it go.

@Gatecrasher, let's keep it on topic.

@nooshinjohn, sorry this happened in your thread.

There are no more warnings at this point. If there is going to be hostility towards other members then the aggressor will be out of here, no questions asked.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I apologize @nooshinjohn @KenCustomerService

Ken could you please remove all conversations between PFB and I

TY
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • heiney9 wrote: »
    Tforan,

The Veyron and others may not fit your idea of a production car, but they were/are production cars. They were sold to the public and not just kept at the manufacturer.

Also the numbers listed for the Demon were with drag slicks at the race track (IIRC). Put in on regular tarmac with OEM tires and see how it fares.

That's all I'm saying, not in any way, shape or form trying to drag this thread down and say the Demon isn't an awesome automotive machine, etc. It is a menacing car.

H9

P.s. The other cars were built for a different purpose and it's hard to compare them all as having the same target, end game.

OK, with thirty Veyrons produced, lets go with extremely low production .
  • @txcoastal1, I will have that removed.
  • heiney9
    TForan wrote: »
    Tforan,

H9

OK, with thirty Veyrons produced, lets go with extremely low production .

The actual number is 450 for accuracy sake
This discussion has been closed.