Recommend me a Sound Bar

Options
kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
We are turning out dining room we never use into a dedicated TV room....simple, minimalist room for TV and everyday music streaming. Just some constructive feedback to Polk...searching for products online needs to be a cleaner, to the point experience. I understand how the website is set up....but too many clicks to find what you want. Back to my question.....looking for any experience with surround bars out there? Looking for wireless speakers/sub and ability to connect DirecTV and Netflix. Simple and minimal wires. The surround bar can sit on a consol right under the TV. Separate surround speakers not a necessity....current or past models are OK...

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I would hold off until September and get the new Magnifi Max SR with SDA.

I have the Magnifi Minis which I really like, but I will probably get the new for my main tv.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    ...looking for any experience with surround bars out there...current or past models are OK...
    I currently use the Polk SB 9000, TOL from a few years back. Only problem is dialogue, when there is background noise present such as music or fans cheering, is almost inaudible. I called Polk about it, and TS said the new sound bars with "voice adjust" have fixed this problem. So I'm also waiting on the new Magnifi Max to come out and I'm going to try that one.

Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Check out what klipsch has to offer.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Both Heos and Sonos make awesome sound bars for both music and TV watching.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.