Anthem MRX 720

Good morning everyone

I wanted to get your opinion. I am currently looking at an Anthem 720 to be my main amp ave for my rti-a9. Eventually I will get a powered amp for these but I thought the anthem is a good way to go. Any of you have any experience with this amp?

As an alternative for the next few months, I did find a PIONEER VSX-D1S for 80 bucks which I thought would be good for stereo mode but then realized go big or go home.

Thoughts?

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2017
    I really like Anthem equipment. I have a Anthem 225 integrated and really like it. I can't comment on that particular unit though.
    I would think that would be an awesome kit.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    If you like the way Anthem sounds, their receivers are very nice and have that separate Anthem like sound quality. Good head room and very very nice.
    I suggest going as high as your wallet will allow. It's worth it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,526
    Anthem's 720 is good but the 1120 is the end game IMHO...

I have a MRX-500 for my 2 channel system and despite not having a HDMI board that works, you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.....

I've even debated replacing my Denon X4100 with a 720 myself, just cant afford to pay that much....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I replaced my Marantz SR 7008 for an Anthem MRX 720. Love the sound and ARC2 is the best room correction I've used so far.

Can't comment on the inboard amp's for your 9's as I'm using external amp's for my fronts, but I would suggest you use external amp's with whatever AVR you end up with to power your 9's.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703