Looking for suggestions on decent RCA interconnects.

2»

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Definitely speak with Doug, he'll walk you though everything needed and the to-do's.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    And to-don'ts
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Your avatar sucks, Ron. Try again.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    :p
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• msg
    hehe, just kidding Ron :D
    I just miss surf fishing, that's all.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    What about my wife wife fishing on the boat last year.... :)

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    Especially her.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    F1nut wrote: »
    For the record, I'm still wearing my buy a vowel shirt. It's under the new one :D

We had no doubts about that ... the pit stains are visable under the new one :p
  • txcoastal1
    716hz3iygj3q.png

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    msg wrote: »
    billbillw wrote: »
    Question for msg and DSkip, what raw cable do you recommend from Doug? I'm thinking of building a new pair of interconnects and possibly a digital coax for my DAC.
    I haven't bought any cables in about 10 years.

Hey Bill, I used the standard Furez for SC, IC, and I think also digital coax, with the Vampire Connectors on the digital. I'll check my digital kit when I get home. Haven't completed those builds yet. For the ICs it was the FZ162.

If you want to step it up, go with the Furutech stuff.
    I think Todd had a set of Alphas built.

You can give Doug a call, too. He'll be able to answer any specific questions you might have and help you tailor your build.

Right Scott. All of my cables are Dougs Alphas. Single ended, XLR's and speaker. I just recently had him build me a Alpha for my turntable to phono pre.

I don't build them myself but have Doug do it. He builds them to my exact specs.

I have been very happy with them but they can get a bit pricey.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • msg
    Nice, Todd. Hadn't caught up in a while I didn't realize you've been building your DC hoard B)
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    While the Blue Jeans cable are good for what you need...I would opt for Signal Analog 1 or 2. I would avoid the Monoprice cables....all around.