Driver/Speaker rings for your vintage Polk SDA's Monitors..

12345679»

Comments

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    luccas1234 wrote: »
    Thanks dear txcostal bro,i already replaced. And also ordered gimpod 3 days ago....all learnt from you all and thanks from heart.

Even want to upgrade all IC in the box by Belden or Duelund as well!

I wanted to thank you for the order, Check out www.gimpod.com this might help with Tip & hints, Hardware & Parts needed, Placement guide and the 2.3TL Schematic for the new boards, much better than the ones here.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • luccas1234
    luccas1234 Posts: 13
    It is me haha..shall i keep using this ID instead of switch back to luccas88 haha...
  • luccas1234
    Thanks David. I am so excited and waiting the board to be shipped to me. One headache is i prefer claritycap but 3 cap (ie except 18 and 27uF) do not have exact value as original....
  • luccas1234
    machone wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to a thread rebuilding 2.3TL's.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/171502/2-3tl-rebuild-starts-now#latest

Thx dear Machone for sharing! I did read twice before about your great works and will learn from you too ;)B)
  • luccas5678
    luccas5678 Posts: 16
    Thank you @KennethSwauger and @KenCustomerService

but for your info, luccas88 and luccas1234 being banned again......really headache!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Yeah you're running out of numbers....we don't want you to run off,

I haven't shown you my mid-drift yet

kidding of course
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Don't forget to show your cleavage.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• luccas5678
    thx txcoastal1! it's good if you can show me, haha..

really frustrated being banned all the time...especially i am still waiting for Larry's reply about the ring....if no luck, i can only go for Hurricane Nuts ...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    May take several months for Larrys rings, he does them as a side project in bulk, when he can use the machines at work.
    IMHO worth the wait

Toolfan66 is Larry...you'll understand his hiatus with a quick search

Ken and Ken Luccas keeps dieing over here
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Its got to be the his location that keeps getting caught. Our work stuff stops everything that has a .cn ip location.
    They need to go in and approve luccas88 and be done with it. This is ludicrous it keeps happening unless the Chinese government council is tagging along with Luccas and its being considered spyware :D kidding on the spyware but one truely never knows anymore.
  • luccas5678
    Thx. But HK is independent in terms of system and we are .hk instead of .cn....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    I believe I have solved the problem permanently.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Kinda' reminds me of...
    Larry-Darryl-Darryl-e1470017892488.jpg

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Don't we all...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    bassfann wrote: »
    I need a set.

That’s what she said....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FestYboy wrote: »
    Don't we all...

Not all of us need full sets... I still have a complete set for my 2.3's and a set for the 3.1's that I sold before they were installed. I do have CRS+'s. M7's and SDA2A's that need them however. By using what's in the 3.1 set all I'll need is 2 sets of tweeter rings and 2 sets of rings for 10" passives to have all of my speakers covered.

Hard to believe but I think I'm done buying speakers. I'm totally happy with my 2.3's, CRS+'s(soon to be 4.1TL's), SDA2A's(soon to be 2B TL's) and my M7 series 2's.

I'm just going to mod the heck out of them all. First up are my 2.3's that are becoming 2.3TL's with all the mods. I'm just waiting on the new inductors to arrive and still need some Gimpod boards. I have everything else I need to go all out real soon. I have boxes of drivers and all the 198 tweeters waiting for the whole lot too.

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• pitdogg2
    Do how do sda2a become 2b? You planning on new drivers and new XO? If you recap the sda2a XO they are very nice i know i did it.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Do how do sda2a become 2b? You planning on new drivers and new XO? If you recap the sda2a XO they are very nice i know i did it.

I happen to have all the drivers and crossovers w/wiring from some 2B's that I got for free. It's actually cheaper to recap 2B crossovers then 2A's too.

I think I have about 25-30 drivers(14 are new MW6510's), a dozen or so RDO198's, a pair SL2500's and so many SL2000 tweeters it's hard to believe. I have about 10 passives and about 8 pairs of other misc crossovers too.

I also have about 15 pairs of misc brand speakers I need to sell, some need to be refoamed first though.

At some point I'll be selling the extra drivers and probably giving away a bunch of tweeters if anyone wants them.

• pitdogg2
    edited November 2017
    Well then that makes a big difference. In that case i see your point. Yes i knew it was cheaper but when you factor in buying drivers and all i thinking it was a wash.

Well i know who to bug for some 6510's :p
    I have a few back stock but if you speakers takes 6 never hurts to have more. The thing you very rarely see are the sw150 sw155 passive's. I sat up a eBay search to let me know if some come up. I bet many here did the same it will be a race lol
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    If there is ever another run of these, I'm in for a set for my CRS pair.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt wrote: »

I just bought mine from Polk about a month ago. I think they had about 25 NOS MW6510 drivers left after I bought mine. They did say they are having more made and they should have them in early December. When it is all said and done I'll have 6 spares I'll be keeping just in case... My 2.3's use 12 of them and my CRS+'s use a couple more.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    daddyjt wrote: »
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »

I just bought mine from Polk about a month ago. I think they had about 25 NOS MW6510 drivers left after I bought mine. They did say they are having more made and they should have them in early December. When it is all said and done I'll have 6 spares I'll be keeping just in case... My 2.3's use 12 of them and my CRS+'s use a couple more.

He's talking about Larry's rings, not the drivers for the CRS's :smile:.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hi All,
    I realise this is an old thread, but I was curious whether Larry makes any rings anymore. I would PM him but it may be rude doing so without seeking to understand his position first.
    David
  • Oops. Please ignore. Found a thread from April 2020 with the unfortunate answer to my question!