Driver/Speaker rings for your vintage Polk SDA's Monitors..

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    For the record everyone, I did not ban Luccas88 or see his avatar. Jesse just alerted me of this a minute ago.

I will be discussing with Ken.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Me neither. He may have been banned by the automatic spam filter for some reason.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Apologies if that is the case. With the war on avatars of late my assessment seemed logical.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    At least he/she got their "First Comment" badge. :p
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    After talking to Ken, the users IP address was the reason why the filter caught it and banned the user. We are looking into a fix.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Options
    After talking to Ken, the users IP address was the reason why the filter caught it and banned the user. We are looking into a fix.

No offense intended but I think you guys rely too much on this so called "Auto filtering" stuff. Look how well Auto Correct works.

JAO: Just An Observation.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • F1nut
    Options

Ken, out of curiosity because I'm not sure how that works. Wouldn't it stop the person from becoming a member to start with or does that only happen if they make a post?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    his IP address may have just been identified from a previous banned members ip addres
  • F1nut
    Options
    Ah, the plot thickens.

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Most ISP's don't give you a static IP address.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • luccas1234
    luccas1234 Posts: 13
    Options
    Sorry all brothers. My English is bad. I am from hk and is a diehard fans of polk. I have a 2.3TL and others say 12b, 15TL in HK. I am luccas88 originally.

I register here just want to appeal. I don't know why i am using my mobile 4G to leave message will be banned. What i just want is to learn from all of you brothers how to modify the polk,and order Larry's ring!!!!! What's wrong with my IP as i am using HK Hutchison (three) in Hong Kong?
  • luccas1234
    Options
    What i mean is,i just leave ONE message to order a Larry ring then i was banned!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Welcome Luccas
    I think most will start with the RD0-198 tweeter upgrade
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/search?Search=2.3tl+upgrade
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • luccas1234
    Options
    Thanks dear txcostal bro,i already replaced. And also ordered gimpod 3 days ago....all learnt from you all and thanks from heart.

Even want to upgrade all IC in the box by Belden or Duelund as well!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Your on a roll brotha

Congrats
    Please post pics when you can
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• luccas1234
    Options
    Give me an hour as i am on way back home from work(21:46 now in HK)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Glad you stuck around man. The SRS must be pretty rare in Hong Kong.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • luccas1234
    Options
    My polk with 198 tweeter
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Wow, something is wrong.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Elon Musk tried to warn us about artificial intelligence. Just sayin'! :|
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Welcome Luccas, sorry for all the trouble. I'm going to have our other moderator take a look at why the system is blocking you.

It did say you were in Hong Kong, I'm not sure if that has something to do with it but we'll get it fixed so you can be a part of our Forum.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    He should be fine now.
  • luccas1234
    Options
    Thx dear ken and kenneth! I can login now. Thanks from heart!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    Options
    I was beginning to think that perhaps Larry's Rings were banned from export by the DHS or something.
    Larry, you still might want to keep an eye out for unmarked panel vans in your neighborhood.

..... thanks for getting that fixed. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • luccas1234
    Options
    Yes dear john, very rare in HK and i estimate less then 10 pairs of srs in HK now.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    From what I have read, there is a love for vintage in your region, especially JBL.
    Do you have the chance to show off your Polks?

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,473
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to a thread rebuilding 2.3TL's.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/171502/2-3tl-rebuild-starts-now#latest
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"