EASTERN ELECTRIC MINIMAX preampm Linestage

dhart86
dhart86 Posts: 1,594
edited June 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Great performer, comes in original packaging, excellent cosmetic and functional condition
Asking $575 + ship and pp
Main Rig:
Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    These are wonderful units. If you are on the fence about tubes and/or a tubed pre.......get off it and buy this

They sound fantastic, and rolling is easy and pretty inexpensive.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    I am in the market for another tube pre. I will pm you when I get home in about an hour or so.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    And I might add - this is a great deal on one! Love mine!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• dhart86
    edited June 2017
    SOLD!! Thanks Faustin....it will ship today
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• Faustin
    Pre arrived today. Nicely packed. I will hopefully hook it up later this evening or tomorrow. Was hoping FedEx would deliver it when me wife was not observing, but no dice. I told her what it was and her response was," So will the music sound even better"? I told her of course and asked her what she wanted to listen to. I popped in the soundtrack from La La Land and life is good. Steak cooking on the grill, music playing and a new toy to play with!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited June 2017
    That's awesome, I usually have offer up a new purse or shoes :/

My excuse is I can resell the gear....not so much with her shoes
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited June 2017
    plus you have to keep building bigger closest's..its a no win solution!

Let us know how you like it cause we want a review!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Faustin
    Review is forth coming. Might be a week or 2. And yes, besides my wife being, beautiful, a great Mom, a hard worker, she likes to listen to music and most of the time doesn't say anything when new gear arrives! WOOHOO
  • dhart86
    edited June 2017
    Bruce.....glad the pre arrived safe and sound......
    what gear do you have in your chain (rig) ?
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• Faustin
    I have several different rigs setup in various areas of the house. I am going hook the Minimax to an Adcom 555 and either some modded SDA 1c's or modded RTA12c's. I just bought some Anticable interconnects to try out and will use them with the mix. Which ever pair of speakers does not get hooked to the Mini, will be used with a Rogue Cronus Magnum. Also kinda keeping my eyes open for another tube amp. Thinking about a restored 2 channel pull from an organ or a console. Maybe something in the 30 - 35 watt / channel range. Anyway, I should have the Mini hooked up later today. I have to say that she is in beautiful shape.
  • dhart86
    yes sir.....wait till you get your ears on it.....a great value piece
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• Faustin
    Well darn. I think I lost a channel on my Adcom amp. Messed with it for an hour and a half and it appears that the right channel has issues. Sigh. I guess I will not be able to play with the Mini for now. Thinking about shipping it off to Big Sky Audio for an overhaul. So much for looking for another tube amp.