Fathers Day

tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,902
Happy belated Fathers day to all you walking wounded out there. lol No love for Dads around here ?

I spent the whole weekend eating...uncontrollably, which I don't normally do. Saturday was at my sister in-laws....Fillets and lobster, baked Potato. Ate one fillet and 2 tails, then received another half Fillet from the wife. A dozen Oysters before hand, 3 slices of warmed brie and 2 slices of a dessert fruit tart. Got home at 2 a.m.

Sunday....had the in-laws coming over so a quick brunch. Crab cakes from Maryland, French toast of which I had 4 pieces, scrambled eggs with veggies, ton's of fruit. Round 2 came a few hours later......

Grilled myself a bone in Rib-eye about 2 inches thick, NY Strips, and Fillets for the girls. Crab cakes again, salad topped with grilled scallops, taters,.....2 dozen Oysters before hand to warm up. A slice of warm caramel apple pie followed by a slice of Key lime pie.

Now it's 10:30 a.m.....and...I'm hungry. lol

Hope all you Dad's out there had a good weekend, ate and drank like it was your last supper and enjoyed your kids.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    tonyb wrote: »
    lol No love for Dads around here ?

There was a little love here:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/177891/a-happy-fathers-day-to-all#latest

Sounds like you had a great Father's Day Tony! Happy belated to you too!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    I cut the grass & cleaned out a gross fish tank everyone neglects...Then picked up pizza and cake for my sons 15th birthday which is actually today due I'm on the road. Yesterday was actually everyone's day off from swimming so everyone was happy to just hang out
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    My Mother was in Town from Texas so I had work off Friday till today which was nice. Got to spend all those days with my daughter as well which is always the best part. Gets a little hard around Father's day for me emotionally but had a great weekend.

Ended up buying myself Tickets to Dave Chappelle Live haha.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    On Father's Day I bought my son a PA system for his band. I believe my son has mastered using Jedi mind tricks as I cannot recall a single reason why I'd make that purchase.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Wait now....Fathers day.....you guys are suppose to receive things, not hand them out. Cleaning a fish tank, buying stuff for the kids, should be the other way around. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable