Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Who is "Green Mountain Window" and why haven't you pulled the sticker off the attic window yet? ;)

Peeping Tom much lol.....

My name is Mark and yes, i was peering through his upper window to see if i could catch a glimpse of the myth, the legend of Doc Hardy! Fully clothed of course.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2017
    They were the manufacturers of the windows used in the house -- windows with which we're none too happy, by the way. Ahh, well -- live and learn. We'll replace them at some point :pensive:

How often do you get into your attic -- much less sidle over to the window up there (if so equipped)?

;)

• mhardy6647
    speaking of windows -- I went out in our garage one night earlier this week, and espied this little guy (or girl) up above one. To give a sense of scale, that piece of wood is 3-1/2 inches wide.
    qijlnpl9yosl.jpg

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Looks like the proverbial "big as a Buick" model.
  • mrbiron
    I'd go straight to the armory because there isn't a shoe big enough to kill that bastage!
  • mhardy6647

I think it's bigger than them little Buick SUVs that folks in China are eatin' up like popcorn ;)

2017-buick-encore-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-667106-s-450x274.jpg

Reminds me of the old joke about the VW Beetle:
    Those things are so small that, if you have a head-on collision with a dog, you lose
  • BlueMDPicker
    Two FL doe beating the heat for a bit. Unseasonal high temps and rain shortfalls have brought a lot of wildlife close-in this year to irrigated lawns and shrubs.

Just a cell phone pic but, hopefully, you can see the drop in our rain fed lake. Down almost 5 ft. from normal, first of June level.

fhe78q2u7wo3.jpg

What a difference a couple of weeks make when the rains come! Note lake level.

3mqh3wpuy0so.jpg

• mrbiron
    So you killed the deer?
    Rain makes me do crazy things sometimes as well. Though, never THAT crazy.
  • BlueMDPicker
    mrbiron wrote: »
    So you killed the deer?
    Rain makes me do crazy things sometimes as well. Though, never THAT crazy.

Well, I am a PETA member (People Eating Tasty Animals).

Don't ban me bro.... :#
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited June 2017
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I think it's bigger than them little Buick SUVs that folks in China are eatin' up like popcorn ;)

2017-buick-encore-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-667106-s-450x274.jpg

Reminds me of the old joke about the VW Beetle:
    Those things are so small that, if you have a head-on collision with a dog, you lose

Hey you making fun of my Vehicle Doc? it was big enough to haul Kerri @kharp1 and his buddy in the back seat :p
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mhardy6647
    I think they're very cute -- cuter than the aforementioned spider -- but, you gotta admit, they are (on the outside, at least), small vehicles. And this was a big momma spider.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    True &That is why I bought it, I wanted something that would sit up high like a truck (hate cars) was small and easy to drive & handle and park since it would be mainly a vehicle to drive to work and trips ;)

plus its 33+ mpg made my Trip to Dallas nice, and I love how when going down a big hill with the wind at my back it would say your averaging 40 mpg your averaging 44 mpg etc.. B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    j0tx9f0dbfn2.jpg
    One for the kids and one for me
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    j0tx9f0dbfn2.jpg
    One for the kids and one for me
    I'm a huge closet fan of the mini pops! ;)
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    gbeicswhzgok.jpg

I've been drooling over these!

It looks like you really went all-out on them. It even looks like you used all-new stainless BHCS as a finishing touch. Awesome right down to the smallest detail! I bet Matt Polk is impressed too.

It's an inspiration to my own Polk restoration project coming up here in a few months. Now that I have all of my SRT drivers rebuilt and fully functional, I plan to remove all of the components and restore all of the woodwork on the cabinetry. I want to make them better than they were new. High-end furniture grade.

I also want to upgrade the amps with audiophile capacitors, and am also looking into replacing some of the other components with higher-quality parts too.

If I were you I'd never sell those bad boys. Way too nice to ever part with and an awesome piece of Polk Audio history.

• mhardy6647
    edited June 2017
    voltz wrote: »
    True &That is why I bought it, I wanted something that would sit up high like a truck (hate cars) was small and easy to drive & handle and park since it would be mainly a vehicle to drive to work and trips ;)

plus its 33+ mpg made my Trip to Dallas nice, and I love how when going down a big hill with the wind at my back it would say your averaging 40 mpg your averaging 44 mpg etc.. B)

We feel about the same way, but we're one notch up on the size -- I have an (older) RAV4, and Mrs. H, a 2016 CR-V. The latter is happy to return 30-32 mpg in the kind of driving she does (which I think is pretty respectable; it's virtually as good as the mileage her '05 Escape Hybrid got, and the Honda's nicer and superior in every way to the Escape).

The RAV4 (an '06) tends to get about 25-27 mpg in similar driving
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited June 2017
    f8omqfol1s5o.jpg
    This makes for a happy Fathers day :p

phu2opkls3qs.jpg

o9xr9efchyc0.jpg

My score today RT55i pair. They have typical small blemishes on bottom and a couple scratches but look darn nice.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Beautiful day in Omaha at the College World Series. View from my seat. Florida St. vs. Cal St. Fullerton.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    ^^^That nice pattern in the grass looks like my lawn!

Oh wait... no it doesn't.

Great pic - have fun man!
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Tedeschi Trucks Band
    e452dhe60a9w.jpg
    h5xd6teqog2x.jpg
    dysi3h07pjbd.jpg

That group is one of only a half a dozen that I would pay good money to see live..very good in a venue such as that...
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Rains a coming hgojxntugovs.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    They grow up so fast

2yppnn95v3y0.jpg
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2017
    ^^^ very cute family/families!

Herewith, the view from the septic field (leach field) :) the day before the Solstice (i.e., as good as it gets in Northern NH). This is our only "long view".

35305924151_3ccec74886_b.jpgDSC_8512 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    34625583563_8a53ece284_b.jpgDSC_8513 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

These are "as taken", the only "trick" was the use of a CP filter. Gorgeous late afternoon here today.

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Beautiful view! And a very green patch of grass.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • mhardy6647
    It's as good as it gets here this time of year -- and 15-1/2 hours of daylight here today (the solstice)!

... but we pay for it in December :(
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    LOL...cute
    Falls down and runs to momma
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    ^^^^^this is a man comfortable in his own skin!
    ;)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Well it's summertime nothing wrong with alcohpop