Wanted: Single or Matching Pair of MW6511 Mid-base Speakers

Bought a pair of SRS 3.1TL's and one of the MW6511's is not working.

Looking to replace one,but would buy a pair.

Comments

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    If the driver is just seized it can be repaired.I just picked up a pair of 1c's with one bad 6511 and will send it off to @lawdogg Monday.The 6511's are getting hard to come by.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • jayu969
    jayu969 Posts: 112
    How is the repair performed? I already tried basically doing a recone. I detached the outer rubber surround and shimmed the voice coil and re-glued. It did make it more free-moving however did not resolve the issue.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    that may of actually made to problem worse and may not be able to be repaired now. The problem is the rear magnets glue fails and then seizes the voice coil. The only way to repair is to make a jig and re-glue the magnet back into its proper place. You need an anaerobic type of very thin glue. The glue is very much like red loctite thread lock.

• jayu969
    Bummer..I should have left along. Does anyone have instructions on how to repair this..Photos would be helpful.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • jayu969
    Bought a pair of MW6511's on eBay.