FS: Pioneer Elite PD-D9-J SACD Player

billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,163
edited June 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've thought about this long and hard and I just can't justify keeping this player. I love it, I've loved it since I bought it and since I bought it, I've never considered upgrading to a higher level SACD player. This one does everything right. The build quality is awesome and the sound is as smooth and detailed as anything I've heard.

However, over the last 3 years, I've shifted toward playing music from CD rips and downloads stored on my NAS. I think its time to swap this player out and invest in a decent DAC. I still have my SCD-C333ES for SACD playback (I just don't have that many of them).

I've owned this Pioneer since Fall 2010. I'm the original owner, bought one of the last ones available in retail stores. At that time it was long sold out from Online vendors. This originally retailed for something like $900 edit..it was actually $1,199). Always kept in a rack, non-smoking home.

I'd can't find a whole lot of recent sales for this since it is pretty rare. I'll start by asking $425+shipping.

Comes with original box, remote, paperwork, power cord (substantial). No flaws that I can see. An honest 9/10 Audiogon grading for condition. I will double box for safe shipping. It will probably weigh 30lbs packed. Coming from 30127. Most likely by FedEx ground. I will charge actual shipping rates with my account.

Actual photos and Pioneer's description below:

qhninsqtljma.jpg
olf6pd9joc7i.jpg
mfuxpnvr8cwk.jpg
vji4m2z4rcca.jpg
3r0fuf8ijiv6.jpg

"Go beyond sound as you know it. Go beyond technology as you’ve ever experienced it before. Enter the world of Pioneer® Elite®. A world dedicated to the pursuit of pristine audio. A world where advanced technology performs in perfect harmony with outstanding sound quality. A world where AIR Studios™ Sound Tuning ensures that a musical score is reproduced as near to the original as possible. It’s a world so unbelievably crisp, so undeniably clear and so completely pristine, it will change the way you listen forever.

Built with Legato Link Pro to ensure minimum phase shift across its entire audible frequency band, Twin Toroidal Transformers for higher-resolution digital processing, and TAOC Insulators to provide added weight, stability and shielding – this amazing CD player delivers enhanced linearity, dynamic range and distortion-free response in the most beautiful way possible.

But the benefits of enhanced audio technology don’t stop there. The Twin Wolfson® digital-to-analog converters guarantee that even the most subtle music detail is perfectly reproduced. SACD DSD Single-Chip Decoding in the PD-D9 reduces the digital circuitry signal path length, creating brilliant noise-free sound, while an extremely stable, high performance Low-Jitter Crystal Oscillator Circuit serves as a highly precise master clock for sound reproductions. And Isolated Power Supply Blocks ensure that each section of the PD-D9-J has its own power source, shielding it from electromagnetic interference.

Created to produce the ultimate sonic performance, the PD-D9-J delivers music so clear and so exciting…you’ll feel as if every piece of sound you listen to is being performed live, right in front of you."

PERFORMANCE FEATURES

-AIR Studios Sound Tuning to ensure music is reproduced as near to the original as possible
-Twin Wolfson® Digital to Analog Converters guarantee the most subtle music detail reproduction and delivers enhanced linearity, dynamic range and distortion-free response
-Legato Link PRO ensures minimum phase shift across the entire audible frequency band
-The SACD DSD Single-Chip Decoding in the PD-D9 reduces the digital circuitry signal path length, creating brilliant noise-free sound. An extremely stable, high performance Low-Jitter crystal oscillator circuit serves as a highly precise master clock for sound reproduction
Equipped with an aluminum front panel and an original professional readout mechanism with smooth loading
-Pure Audio listening mode switches off the digital circuitry and display for a clean and detailed analogue sound reproduction
-Finely selected high-grade parts in order to reproduce music in its purest form
-TAOC Insulators provide added weight, stability and shielding for the ultimate sonic performance
-Sampling Rate Converter for higher resolution digital processing
-Twin Toroidal Transformers for higher resolution digital processing
-Isolated Power Supply Blocks insure each section of the player has its own power source to be shielded from electromagnetic interferences
-High Quality Pin Jack for the best possible connections with no signal loss
-Professional Level Build Quality
-Rigid Underbase Construction
-Aluminum Side Panels and Top Plate
-Rigid Laser Mechanism Cover

FORMATS: SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 and WMA Playback
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
Post edited by billbillw on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Best value in an SACD player right here folks... somebody snap this up fast. It will take a top end Marantz to even come remotely close at 5 times the price on this one.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I have one it will not leave my hands. I should say it will take a much higher end machine that I compare mine to before I swap it out.

Agree with John

• dekuda
    dekuda Posts: 756
    very nice unit...unfortunately more and more guys are ripping sacd's just like you will be doing. I think that questions the demand for sacd players. fortunately Japan is pumping out sacd's and guys are buying them then selling the sacd's after ripping them. This has increased my sacd collection tremendously. The thing is that the output of a sacd may be the closest we come to the original master analog tapes. (Including DSD)..If your looking at DACS I would look at PS audio , maybe the DSJ that decodes DSD 10x and engineered to the hilt . Good luck with the sale!
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.
  • billbillw
    edited June 2017
    dekuda wrote: »
    very nice unit...unfortunately more and more guys are ripping sacd's just like you will be doing. I think that questions the demand for sacd players. fortunately Japan is pumping out sacd's and guys are buying them then selling the sacd's after ripping them. This has increased my sacd collection tremendously. The thing is that the output of a sacd may be the closest we come to the original master analog tapes. (Including DSD)..If your looking at DACS I would look at PS audio , maybe the DSJ that decodes DSD 10x and engineered to the hilt . Good luck with the sale!

Actually, I have no intention of ripping SACD. I would need some other hardware for that. For the average joe, ripping SACD is beyond what they are willing to do to get High Res music.

I only have a handful of SACDs and I'm keeping an older Sony SACD player for those.

As for digital files, I'll pretty much be playing 16/44 and 24/96-192 PCM files. Most of the DACs I'm looking at don't do DSD anyway.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    You've been hiding an LSA Statement this whole time?!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • billbillw
    edited June 2017
    mrbiron wrote: »
    You've been hiding an LSA Statement this whole time?!

Nope, I posted about it when I bought it a few years back.
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/157865/lsa-in-the-house
  • dekuda
    dekuda Posts: 756
    billbillw wrote: »
    dekuda wrote: »

Actually, I have no intention of ripping SACD. I would need some other hardware for that. For the average joe, ripping SACD is beyond what they are willing to do to get High Res music.

I only have a handful of SACDs and I'm keeping an older Sony SACD player for those.

As for digital files, I'll pretty much be playing 16/44 and 24/96-192 PCM files. Most of the DACs I'm looking at don't do DSD anyway.

Well, checking ebay alot of people are ripping sacd's and then selling them. Good to hear you are still going to play your sacd's.I was going to ask if I could buy them LOL :p
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.
  • raindance
    raindance Posts: 3
    I have sent you a PM.
  • billbillw
    Sold on other site. Sorry guys.