PORSCHE MISSION E.. Sal The Leaf Blows in comparison...

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    scubalab wrote: »
    I bet you measure twice before you cut though... :p

you do not know Dan it is more like 20x then go reference it on the computer measure 20x again. it goes on and on... it will get cut in 12 days.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Are we really doing this again? ;)

I beat a smart car yesterday. That's .5 of a win right? Makes my car look like a land boat.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Are we really doing this again? ;)

I beat a smart car yesterday. That's .5 of a win right? Makes my car look like a land boat.

In the words of my grandmother..."I fluffed" near a smart car the other day and this happened. I am ashamed and astonished at the same time!

article-2599110-1CE95B1000000578-524_634x373.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

you do not know Dan it is more like 20x then go reference it on the computer measure 20x again. it goes on and on... it will get cut in 12 days.

But I only have to cut it once :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2

yes you do..... I never argued that in the least ;)
  • pitdogg2
    ssvyy65cy7ev.jpg

man if that sucker rolled over it would go for miles...
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2017

It took him six days to tell me where to put the dedicated outlets behind the HT cabinet.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    lightman1 wrote: »
    It took him six days to tell me where to put the dedicated outlets behind the HT cabinet.

That doesn't surprise me Russ. Dan knew the dimensions of my DIY subs better than I did... and I was the one who built them... I'm being totally serious here!
  • Nightfall

• Nightfall

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

LMAO....takes him 7 to return a PM. Boy has to investigate the IP address, where you went to High school, who your friends are, police reports, and if you ever dated his sister. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited June 2017
    LOLOLOL
    too many funny parts to reference.
    I saw one of these once when I was a kid. It was only parked, though. right side up. not exciting.

haaaaaaaaahahahahaaa! 3:05 - dropping in to chat with other Reliant Robin enthusiasts at a meet.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2

He had an off day didn't he lol
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    The amount of ignorance in this thread is a little surprising. I expect it from PFB, but some of the others spewing crap that they once saw/heard in the paid-for media is a little disappointing.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Nightfall
    cmy330go wrote: »
    The amount of ignorance in this thread is a little surprising. I expect it from PFB, but some of the others spewing crap that they once saw/heard in the paid-for media is a little disappointing.

Such as?

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Hey Sal, question for you. They say evs have x amount of miles per charge, is it also based on time/ hours. If I'm stuck on the highway for 2-3 hrs because of an accident I'm thinking I might not be able to make it home.
  • tonyb
    Willow wrote: »
    Hey Sal, question for you. They say evs have x amount of miles per charge, is it also based on time/ hours. If I'm stuck on the highway for 2-3 hrs because of an accident I'm thinking I might not be able to make it home.

Especially in the winter when you need the heat going and windshield wipers....headlights on...and you left work with a 30% charge left for use.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Nightfall
    tonyb wrote: »

Especially in the winter when you need the heat going and windshield wipers....headlights on...and you left work with a 30% charge left for use.

I never even thought about that. How does an electric car create heat? Creating heat with electricity takes a lot of energy, look at space heaters that plug into the wall. They pull hundreds and hundreds of watts.

• Willow
    I wasn't asking to be an a$$. I am very interested as to how they really hold up in the cold added with traffic and heat and lights and radio and heated seats (if they have them)
  • tonyb

I never even thought about that. How does an electric car create heat? Creating heat with electricity takes a lot of energy, look at space heaters that plug into the wall. They pull hundreds and hundreds of watts.

Not sure, maybe Sal can answer that. I do know on principle that they also generate electricity themselves to some degree, but the car has to be moving, least I thought so.

Last thing I want, speaking only for myself, is one more thing to think about at the end of the day. Who wants to have to plan your route around available charging stations.....daily ?

Stuff comes up. Say you have to leave work, run home and grab the dog for a vet appointment. Run the dog back home and quickly get your rear end back to work. Now when you go to leave work you have less available battery power than you had planned for.

Then what ? Look for the closest recharging station ? What if it's bad weather ? Traffic is horrible or when you get there it's out of order....surprise. Too many variables, too many different circumstances to account for at the end of the day when all you want is to go home and chill.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    edited June 2017

Stuff comes up. Say you have to leave work, run home and grab the dog for a vet appointment. Run the dog back home and quickly get your rear end back to work. Now when you go to leave work you have less available battery power than you had planned for.

Then what ? Look for the closest recharging station ? What if it's bad weather ? Traffic is horrible or when you get there it's out of order....surprise. Too many variables, too many different circumstances to account for at the end of the day when all you want is to go home and chill.

krnd2musq029.jpg

• tonyb
    LOL, love it....and it's easy to change the oil on. Notice though....no seat belts or air bags, emission control crap. Your head hits that stone dashboard though.....your going to be getting coloring books for your birthday from here on out. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Tony what are you doing up? Aren't you supposed to be in bed by 7pm?
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    msg wrote: »

Funny guy....smell the fish in your mailbox yet ? :)

I'm only in bed by 7 if there's a reason to, if ya know what I'm sayin'. ;)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    nbrowser wrote: »
    msg wrote: »

Funny guy....smell the fish in your mailbox yet ? :)

I'm only in bed by 7 if there's a reason to, if ya know what I'm sayin'. ;)

So in other words....6:59 is your bedtime in those cases...right? :)

Hey now....you can do a lot of damage in 60 seconds....provided the warm up procedure is adequate. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    My parents just got Prius number four. This time they got the Prius Prime, and I really think it strikes the perfect balance if you're looking to move away from an all-gasoline vehicle. When fully charged, it runs all-electric for the first 60-ish miles, and then it cuts over to running as a normal Prius hybrid. Most of their driving is local, around town type stuff, so the majority of time they never use gasoline, charge it back up overnight (they only use the 110V charger), and do it again the next day. They filled the tank up for the first time after they got the car, they put 800 miles on and it cost them $6 to fill the tank. There's even a button to press if you've gone months without using gas, you can force the car into hybrid mode just to burn off the gas and not have it turn to sludge. I'm a manual transmission type of guy, so I'm still clinging to my 10 year old VW. Just did the clutch not too long ago. But there aren't many sticks being sold any more, so when the time does come when I have to purchase a new vehicle, I'll certainly be looking into plug-in hybrids. I don't like the all-electric model, sorry Sal. In a pinch I'd want to be able to pull into any service station, fuel up, and be back on the road getting 60mpg in hybrid mode until the next convenient time to charge. And I'm almost scared to be saying this, but the Prius Prime ain't a bad looking vehicle!

Good to see you back Sal. I'm still taking great care of those CRS's!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Willow
    Lasareath wrote: »

I usually get an average of 3.9 to 4.1 miles per kWh - I pay 13.99 cents per kWh in Electricity. Let's average it out to 4.0 miles per kWh, The LEAF costs me 3.5 cents per mile just in Electric.

The EPA claims that a 2012 Tesla 85 runs at 3.2 miles per kWh, So it costs a little more to run a Tesla.

I know people who drive 5 miles per kWh, They are hypermilers or they drive like Granny. And I have friends that get like 3.7 miles per kWh.

The miles per kWh depends on a lot of factors, How you drive, Weather, Rain, The Wind, Terrain, Temperature. The type of tires you have. etc....

Everything in my Car and most Full BEV's (Battery Electric Vehicles) run on Electric. So like other have said Heating and Air Conditioning use Electric.

My car has heated seats and heated steering wheel which use hardly any electric. In the winter I can turn on the heat from an APP on my phone while the car is still connected to the J1772 connection on my driveway. This way when I leave for work the car is still 100% charge and the interior is warmed up and toasty.

Most EV's are very well insulated mainly to reduce road noise. But this insulation helps to retain heat & air con.

In Traffic, an EV hardly uses any fuel. Just the electronics are on. I've run tests in the past and found out that 2% of my battery gets used up after sitting for 6 hours.

So I could sit in traffic for days before having a problem.

Air Con & Heat in the LEAF use around 6kW per hour at full blast. So I could run down my entire battery in 4 hours if I sat in my driveway with the air on full.

If you're stuck in traffic you need to decide what's more important. staying cool or calling a tow truck. I usually don't use the Air Con unless the WAF is in the car!

EV's burns the most driving fast. In Traffic, Stop & Go, Coasting & Surface Streets EVs use their Regenerative braking systems to get back some energy and recharge their batteries. Usually, on local streets, I can get 35% more range than on a HighWay.

So if I'm on the highway and the GOM (Guess O Meter) says I have 29 miles left but I need to go 35 miles then I would exit to local streets and make it with 7 miles to spare.

Or you could find a Level 3 (DCFC) Charging Station and in 30 mins get 80% of your battery recharged. So if I arrived at a charging station with 20% left, in 30 mins I would leave with 95 to 100%

Then I can fly at 80MPH on the highway.

I mention this and more on my website.

Sal

dv3jkxf9dwem.jpg

Wow thank you for all that info. Very much appreciated I was curious as ive never looked into it. Plus with two kids and a fast growing puppy, most evs are too small.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Awesome! I've seen a couple at an EV meet and they are pretty cool. I like the arched back window. In 10 years you'll be able to charge in 5 mins and get 500 miles range.

Are you ready to redo a pair of 1.2TL's ?

I have a spare pair. Crossovers need to be re-done and new RD0198's and you'll be golden.

Straight Trade. My old CRS+'s for the 1.2's - What you think?

While you were gone, I packed up and moved to Florida. I probably would have taken that trade if I were still an hour away from you! But life in a 2BR condo isn't conducive to 1.2TL's anyway. How'd you happen upon a spare pair of 1.2TL's???
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Willow
    Wow thank you for all that info. Very much appreciated I was curious as ive never looked into it. Plus with two kids and a fast growing puppy, most evs are too small.

There are 35 Plug-in Cars right now. So many different sizes.

m1fnmtoqmmyj.png

Oh and meant affordable. I don't believe in buying new and losing 1/3 value as soon as I drive off the lot. So any suv that I would have considered is off the list.