Sound bar changes sources or turns off while using cable remote.

Options
BOBMALOOGA
BOBMALOOGA Posts: 1
edited November 2012 in Troubleshooting
I've been having the sound bar for about a year now. It sounds great but have an issue when using when using the cable remote. When searching through the guide with cable remote or changing channels, the sound bar switches sources or shuts off. Also the remote that came with the sound bar doesn't reach if your not sitting directly in front of the sound bar. Just wondering if there are solutions to these problems or this is normal.

Comments

• stevekj
    stevekj Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the same problem but I don't see any solution listed here. Where do I find it?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Usually the cause of that kind of problem is related to the cable remote not being a good choice to teach the soundbar. Since it has to control multiple devices it's commands tend to cause conflicts with the soundbar. It's best to first clear any stored commands in the soundbar by placing it in the standby mode (LED will be amber) then touch and hold the "learn" button until the LED blinks. Then use your TV's remote to teach the bar, then the cable remote will be able to control the bar.
  • stevekj
    stevekj Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have now tried it multiple times and it still does not work. The soundbar still shuts off, particular while searching the program guide. Very frustrating!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Am I correct that you have erased the stored commands of the bar and it will respond to the bar's commands, but continues to shut off while you use the cable's remote? If so, then contact Polk's CS department at 1-800-377-7655 select option 1.