BRING @F1nut's OLD AVATAR BACK!!!

gimpod
gimpod Posts: 1,793
edited June 2017 in The Clubhouse
To the moderators, No offense intended but this is just overreacting P.C. BS.

I do not find how any normal person with even a tiny bit of a sense of humor could find it offensive, judge for yourself.

If you agree please post so here.

But if you think it is offensive, Then golly gee wiz I apologize to all I may have offended. You bunch of "Mickey Mouse Club" and "Leave it to Beaver" watching 11 year old's, I've got news for ya the world is not a nice place and if you can't have a sense of humor than what's the point to any of this thing we call life.

P.S. I was going to make this a poll but I guess you can't do with Vanilla. (Shakes head)
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    It's not offensive to me, at all, but it's Polk's home so to speak. I had a post deleted recently that had a purposely misspelled word.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Thank you Tony, I agree 100%.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Hear Hear Tony!!!
  • gimpod
    Nightfall wrote: »
    It's not offensive to me, at all, but it's Polk's home so to speak. I had a post deleted recently that had a purposely misspelled word.

Me to and a thread deleted asking why, this is just overreacting P.C. BS.

I don't expect this one to last the night. :sweat_smile:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    edited June 2017
    Ban F1nut!!!!!!! (Jokes)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Seriously? Your avatar change wasn't your decision, Jesse. That is sad, but I still like the boat captain!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    https://youtu.be/YrbY4hsNh64

If Jesse has to settle for a sailboat I choose this one.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Friend of mine has a shirt like that...funnier than hell!...LOL!.....
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I am sorry to hear that Polk made you change it. I thought you did it of your own volition. Was someone offended by it? Afterburnt burst into the chorus from Frank Zappas "Yo Moma". Sad days we live in.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    edited June 2017
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    If Jesse has to settle for a sailboat I choose this one.
    I'm SAILing! I'm really SAILing!

I support the resurrection. Humor and a little edge and personality keep it fun, and that's why I like it here. If it's gets too stuffy, I'll probably find myself over on Audioholics. That's where all the best knowledge and information is, anyway.

Side note: I also support Ron's product placement and inspirational avatars, and think there should be more of those. They make the world a better place.

If none of this is a go, well then I got a Bucket 'o Vowels, and I'm having a two'fer.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Bring the classic back.

• gimpod
    Hermitism wrote: »
    rv005qte8f19.jpg

Really ? are you that up tight. :disappointed:
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Could never wear that at work.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • gimpod
    Ya, That's what the Jews said in Germany in the 1930s and look what happened.
    Gotta call it like I see it.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I was in the middle of working on it.

45cfs8tdexgk.jpg
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708

45cfs8tdexgk.jpg

Not bad B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gimpod
    mrloren wrote: »
    Could never wear that at work.

Why not, I have one with a outline of a dead body with the head severed and under it it says "I DO ALL MY OWN STUNTS" that I wear when I go to the SCI unit at the V.A.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056

45cfs8tdexgk.jpg

There you go that's it and there is one vowel in it so there is no reason to buy one.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • msg
    edited June 2017
    This gets both LOL and Like.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Originally I was going to have it say "Monster Cable", but I knew it would get me on his bozo list. Don't poke the bear!
  • gimpod
    Originally I was going to have it say "Monster Cable", but I knew it would get me on his bozo list. Don't poke the bear!

Go for it who knows he may like it. :wink:
  • msg
    While you're at it, make one for Tony that says "I <3 everything Apple"
    I disabled signatures.
  • gimpod
    msg wrote: »
    While you're at it, make one for Tony that says "I <3 everything Apple"

Right, @msg I think you know me to well. :)
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Wait, I thought that dude was Jesse!
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Wait, I thought that dude was Jesse!

I thought so too!!!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    gimpod wrote: »
    Ya, That's what the Jews said in Germany in the 1930s and look what happened.
    Gotta call it like I see it.

It's when they start burning Jesse that I draw the line.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
This discussion has been closed.