MagniFi Mini - HDMI ARC - does power up when TV turned on

I have a MagniFi Mini connected to a Panasonic Viera TV via HDMI ARC

Everything is working except for the sound bar turning back on when I turn the TV on.
When I turn the TV off, the sound bar turns off. However when I turn the TV on, I have to then turn the sound bar on as well.

Is there a way to make this work?

Answers

• bigendian
    bigendian Posts: 2
    I have the same question. Any response from Polk?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Let me check with Polk's CS guys and I'll post it.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2017
    I have the same issue. Not all the time, but most the time. Also same connection as the OP.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    I'm working with Polk's CS department and they've asked me to find out if you are programming the remote or are you using HDMI-CEC/ARC? If so, what brand of TV do you have?
    Regards, Ken
  • To add to Ken's question, has the Mini been added to the network via the Google Home App for any firmware updates?
  • bigendian
    bigendian Posts: 2
    FYI, I went ahead and purchased a MagniFi Mini and connected it via HDMI ARC port on my Sony NSX-32GT1. It has been working flawlessly. Turning my TV on and off via the remote also turns my MagniFi Mini on and off. My TV remote also controls the volume, so no universal remote nonsense to deal with.

I'll add this is the only product I could find that both fit a 32" TV and had HDMI ARC. It looks great, integrates seamlessly with my TV, and sounds absolutely fantastic.
  • same problem here!!! ARC won't power on the magnifi mini... only power off!!!
    what is the solution for that?
  • Has it been added to your network via Google Home App?