Karma giveaway from Polk Audio

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Very nice of Polk to offer these up. Not in myself as I have no use for them but the 7's are one of my favorite Polk speakers. Truly a classic, with great sound to boot. More of you guys need to get in on this.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Keep posting everyone, only 2.5 days left!
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    In, please. I'd like to give them to my son who just graduated from high school and enjoys the classic Polk sound as I do.

cb5n2hgikitt.jpg

2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Very nice Karma from the folks here. Not sure I am deserving, but would use these in my game room for music while relaxing. A Classic model of speakers.yqma8r59boma.jpg
    [
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    miner wrote: »
    Very nice Karma from the folks here. Not sure I am deserving, but would use these in my game room for music while relaxing. A Classic model of speakers.yqma8r59boma.jpg

Super cool headphone stand. I think I might get one.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    I want them because I have a record for over 20000 views on a thread started in under two weeks!
  • kevinko
    kevinko Posts: 165
    They are too big for my apartment but would make a nice Father's Day gift for my Dad. My setup isn't set up but I have four pairs of Polks.
    6vt01s57r4ju.jpg
    bbsfu620s8ry.jpg
    vc6fnl5nuva9.jpg
    and a pair of 4.6s that are hiding right now.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Keep posting everyone, only 2.5 days left!
    Does this random generator pick numbers? None of us picked any numbers. Are you going by how many words we have in our posts? I have a few questions before you randomly select my name and I gain possession of my prize. Will you be giving my address and location to the governing body of this land or to spammers? Do the white gloves come with the speakers or will I need to purchase my own? I've never seen Monitor 7's in person before, and by looking at the pictures, they seem to be a smaller sized speaker. Or does the gloved individual have abnormally large hands? Are they considered small floorstanders or large bookies? Are they meant for stands?
    I want them because I have a record for over 20000 views on a thread started in under two weeks!
    If you win, those mint condition speakers will get damaged during shipping and no one will benefit from this vintage prize. You should be ineligible due to inherently bad luck. I'm just messing with you! You'll just flip them.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited June 2017
    dxhdqr5i3z94.jpeg
    In because I have a dirty beat up pair of M sevens in my garage rig that sound amazing with no special placement . Just tucked back in the corners with a ton of crap in front of them. I would like to see what a nice clean pair would sound like properly set up. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Odd that I'm listening to Karma Police while reading this thread :D

Awesome Karma, but not in. I had a pair once and regret getting rid of them.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • polkfarmboy
    "If you win, those mint condition speakers will get damaged during shipping and no one will benefit from this vintage prize. You should be ineligible due to inherently bad luck. I'm just messing with you! You'll just flip them."

I find this post offensive and I now have to state for the record that I will not flip these. I still own my RTI8 and polk was my first speaker.

Like another member said applies to me too. I have never had interest because they are all beat up in bad condition so I never messed with the older models. These on the other hand have been checked over , in good condition and my want comes from a music lover perspective. I love audio and its all about appreciating components and speakers first and foremost for me as money means absolutely nothing to me, could not care less about having or not having any.
  • @Hermitism, let me answer your questions.

1. The random generator we are using picks a random post. So if it picks someone that said they were "out" we'll move to the next post it picks.
    2. It doesn't go by words posted, but that would be interesting.
    3. When someone wins them we will be reaching out directly to get their shipping information. It will not go into our email system or anything like that, straight to FedEx or the freight company, however we decide to send them.
    4. Currently, the white gloves don't come with the speakers, I mean after all they are used. BUT, I'm sure I could find some if someone really did want white gloves.
    5. They are a decent size - Height - 24'' Width - 13'' Depth - 10''. They use a 10'' passive bass radiator and a 6.5'' speaker, they are sizable.
    6. I would consider them small towers. Stands is personal preference but as a note, they will not come with stands.

I think I covered everything! Let me know if anyone else has questions.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    ^^ so if someone posts more than once, they have a higher chance of winning?

And just so it doesn't look like I am doing that, consider this post out.

In any case, what a great karma, thanks Polk.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Those 3.1's look stunning!!!

Is there a build thread??
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    ^^ so if someone posts more than once, they have a higher chance of winning?

And just so it doesn't look like I am doing that, consider this post out.

In any case, what a great karma, thanks Polk.

Good point, *Duplicate Entry*
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited June 2017
    @KenCustomerService

Just a random thought, but any chance on having a printed copy (or even better an original copy) of the owners manual, and potentially a copy of the schematics (which are posted on this site too I think).

Maybe have a letter of provenance of their lineage with the names of the people that worked on them and maybe their actual signature? I think it would be cool to have the names of the folks that brought it back up to spec somewhere in the stuff the winner gets.

Heck, the names of ALL the folks would be cool, but I know you have two facilities not close to each other and the logistics of such would not be ideal.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Good point @Jimbo18 , I'll address that with Marketing.

@EndersShadow, I believe I can get either an original copy of the manual or a PDF print out. Schematics I do think I have too in my documents.

I can talk to QA, see I can get a few signatures on who worked on what.

I can tell you no one in Baltimore worked on them. It was our QA team in Vista.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Good point @Jimbo18 , I'll address that with Marketing.

@EndersShadow, I believe I can get either an original copy of the manual or a PDF print out. Schematics I do think I have too in my documents.

I can talk to QA, see I can get a few signatures on who worked on what.

I can tell you no one in Baltimore worked on them. It was our QA team in Vista.

Cool. I think its a little easy gesture that the folks here would love to see and be able to show off. Heck I'd frame a letter of provenance and hang it next to em myself.

But I'm a nerd and we tend to do things like that *collective gasp*
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • @EndersShadow

The request has been put in. We'll see what we can find.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    mdhjgze2wd45.jpg

In please.These would go in the wife's craft room on original stands paired with a Dayens Ampino integrated and keep me from having to buy a Sonos speaker like she suggested.Pardon the phone pic. :#
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Bugtussle
    Bugtussle Posts: 3
    Wow, those are some beautiful M7's. I've had my pair since the early 80's after finding them in the local shopper paper for $160. I've had several other speakers set in their place from time to time but I keep bringing these back. Count me in on the giveaway, I would love to move these into the bedroom.

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

• gwg_97
    gwg_97 Posts: 332
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Those 3.1's look stunning!!!

Is there a build thread??

Thanks! Here you go.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/173204/sda-3-1tl-resto-mod/p1

System 1:Nakamichi PA-7Kenwood Basic C2Polk SDA 1C moddedSystem 2:Dynaco ST-70Polk Monitor 5B modded
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    I'm in. Never owned a pair but they were the first speaker that got me hooked on the Polk sound. Sorry about the piecemeal system pics but don't have a rack at this time.

13a84xgx0ge9.jpg

pw3o63gksvv9.jpg

4hq3t9hf8d1h.jpg

McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • blandis
    blandis Posts: 13
    edited June 2017
    Ken... very generous and will make someone very happy no doubt.

Currently own a set of Monitor 10's. Also have Monitor 12's which are sitting in the closet for now (need new tweeters).

These would be for my son who I just gifted a Sansui 8080db that I had reconditioned for him. His first nice vintage receiver. The Sansui paired with these should make him very happy should they end up in his hands.

s7h4gtji9r15.jpg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    In with 17....
    Cool karma....
  • polkfarmboy
    If its a random number count then it should go by the first post made on the thread.