Good times

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,707
Was looking for a particular picture from a few years ago and stumbled on this thread.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/96739/2010-polkfest-rockin-dirty-jersey/p1

Man, that was a killer time!

So few of the names there are still around too.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    boy doro and Tom hit it right off funny stuff and it was just page one.....

oh how the polk regime has changed lol
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Not many of those names still around. Hoot to read!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Thanks for dragging that one up John, what a great time. Damn shame we lost all the pictures from every Polkfest when the format changed. Vanilla should be awarded the golden t u r d award for that screw up.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Good times for sure!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    F1nut wrote: »
    Thanks for dragging that one up John, what a great time. Damn shame we lost all the pictures from every Polkfest when the format changed. Vanilla should be awarded the golden t u r d award for that screw up.

Sal had posted a bunch in one of the threads too but when he rage quit, they all got deleted.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    For the sake of accuracy Vanilla had nothing to do with it. At the time of the changeover Polk's IT department was responsible for what archive material was resurrected in the new host. Previously the forum was under the administration of Polk's marketing department and when they were disbanded the IT department inherited it. Vanilla was merely the repository of whatever files Polk gave them. The IT department's first decision was to have the forum become a static resource for everything it had accumulated. In other words there would have been no ongoing posts just an accessible database of information. Myself and NAP (the other moderator, at the time) pointed out how much of a valuable asset the forum was and convinced the department to preserve it as much as possible and continue it as you find it now.
    Sure it might be an "alzhheimered" version of the old forum, but it's more than it could have been. Maybe stop complaining so much about what it isn't and work to build what it could become?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Man, whatever happened to DisneyJoe, Tony/Amulford, Lou ? Great guys....did they all sell out for Bose systems or what ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    tonyb wrote: »
    Man, whatever happened to DisneyJoe, Tony/Amulford, Lou ? Great guys....did they all sell out for Bose systems or what ?

Friends with them on FB and life goes on..............we don't interact much but they are all doing fine, as well as AL (Dangerboy).

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Hey Brock...tell Al I said howdy. Good people.
    Thanks.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited June 2017

I went to Disney's house to pick up my Csi5 years ago when I was in the Orlando area. I haven't spoken to Janmike in a very long time either. Wonder if he is still way, way, way up north.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    heiney9 wrote: »

Friends with them on FB and life goes on..............we don't interact much but they are all doing fine, as well as AL (Dangerboy).

H9

Yup, me too. Also Doro, Troy and several others. Al unfriended me recently. Not sure why.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Doro miss that guy tell him Pitdogg2 said hey what up...
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9

Yup, me too. Also Doro, Troy and several others. Al unfriended me recently. Not sure why.

I might have a couple of ideas :p:D
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited June 2017
    ....and good ol' Ted, with the rockin' "woodshed" rig. I always questioned his definition of a woodshed though. lol You needed a Captain Crunch decoder ring to have a conversation with the man too.....but I liked it anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable