Karma giveaway from Polk Audio

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited June 2017
    Ok I changed my mind, I am in. "deserves got nothing to do with it" am I dq'd cause I am a moron that can't post a pic?

Actually I think it's my carp connection, I don't get much on the upload. Lemme try LTE.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    In Please. I have a set of RTi A7 for the home theatre in living room and 703's for my stereo in dining room. Would use these for the bedroom. I need them. :)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited June 2017
    cu54ayysybup.jpg

HA, that's not even half of it!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Wow! Fantastic! No more deserving than anyone else. Never heard or owned. lwovd49jvbnu.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Not in but awesome gesture on Polk's part.

I concur, on both counts.

9420465531_6f3b7ba93f_b.jpgDSC_5417 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @Toolfan66

No one else seemed to notice but I see a couple of nice stuffed animals on top one of those SDAs. Nice touch bro (and no sacrasim is meant or implied).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • subkron
    subkron Posts: 57
    Please count me in, pcs later since I am at work.
    Last year got a pair of 11ts off of CL, free. Replaced tweeters, xover, glued magnet... and love the sound in my 2 channel setup. I'm hooked, now always check CL for more since I'm looking to pass on similar sound experience to my sons. Definitely could use these to spread the word.
  • Braddles63
    Braddles63 Posts: 184
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if you would be willing to send those lovely 7's all the way to Sunny Western Australia but they would be much loved. Been a Polk Audio owner since i bought my first pair of Monitor 10's from Vince Ross Audio World in the late 80's.cggz942k03m2.jpg

• Braddles63
    Braddles63 Posts: 184
    edited June 2017
    ef7xs1egc8po.jpg
    Wont let me post pics :-(
  • Thank you all for the praise and participation. Keep posting and telling people to post. We'll leave this up until the end of the week and then pick a winner!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Not in but an awesome gesture on Polk's part.

Super cool pics everyone.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay kool kharma ! NOT in, as I have zero room to put them down here, and the grandkids are upstairs so ..... 'nuff said there. ;)
    rzue535pp7tc.jpg
    us.v-cdn.netui2anhot4b31.jpg
    /5021930/uploads/editor/ou/pe1pleznu9lu.jpg

Just curious, do the white gloves come with this kharma ?

Seriously, very nice kharma.
    P.S. Fear the Minions :)

Sal Palooza
  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Great offer on a very nice set of vintage speaks. Currently I have 4 Polk Audio rigs set up in the house. I guess you could say I dig the Polk sound.

bl2d2dj960us.jpg
    q2sk74fup4zh.jpg

Bedroom 7B's. Pulled out from the wall a bit as I'm doing work on the room. It's what I listen to when the fam doesn't want to listen to Caravanserai or what not.

w0k5uak8c30g.jpg

Kids room #1, RT35i's usually gets used with iPod & the occasional CD.

tcjr88fsx5vu.jpg

Kids room #2, 5jr+ usually played with CDs occasionally iPod. Someone needs to clean their room.

wqgwlmycm6cx.jpg

SDA 2B's. Gets played as often as I can play them. Usually CDs or Home Theater (with a CS400, FXiA4's & M5's) I doubt I will ever part with these.

On a side note, maybe Polk could include a set of RD-0194's tweeters to improve the sound & to make them sexier with an all black front?
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - SVS SB12-NSD (2 in Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Great offering! I'm not in, as I have all that I could ever need. Good luck to those in the pot!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    ntq18dzz7clq.jpg

I don't think I deserve the montior 7s but would love to hear them! In
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2017
    Not in as I have a pair. Great speaker as well as karma on Polk's part. Btw those gloves scare me, remind me of my urologist.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    In!!

I'm no more deserving than anyone else here, but I would love to own a pair.

Here is my man room in current configuration.

5rl3l2fmskaj.jpg
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Not in, as they only place they could go is the garage, and that's just not right.

But awesome karma Polk!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    aa3o5ksgyscj.jpg
    Awesome Karma Polk Team. Many Polks featured in my 7.2 channel system see sig. I don't deserve them but would love to have them. I've been looking to start-up a vintage second smaller system for sometime so this would really kick start my journey with the Monitor 7's. Good luck everyone.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    This is super cool! I currently have a Polk RTi dual system for music/HT and would love to start building a dedicated music system. Everyone here has nothing but great things to say about vintage Polk speakers and I've never had an opportunity to hear a pair. Does that make me deserving? Maybe not, but what does... a couple years ago I was willing to karma the very last can of black paint, but had no takers.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/162992/last-can-of-black-paint#latest

You may or may not know about the scarcity of black paint, but the fact that I was willing to give it away, in my opinion, makes me deserving of entering this karma. Now in the spirit of full discloser, I do admit that there was some confusion as to whether it was true black paint, or a slight variant of black, perhaps an extremely dark shade of grey. But it was the thought that counts! I did win a Batman kite once in my box of cereal when I was a little kid, but I needed to pay the shipping cost to have it sent to me and my mom wouldn't give me the money. Let these speakers be my Batman kite! I'm feeling lucky!

94viy8458owm.jpg

Please excuse the camera flash reflection in the TV, I was watching fair and balanced coverage of the news during the photo shoot.
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    In for sure as I've been looking for some 7s for a while and have not come across any worth buying.
    This is an awesome karma.

My simple 2 channel set up

2ped604del6c.jpg
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    In Please, these would likely end up on my desk at work.... because there IS NO SUCH THING as overkill.

I'm hoping to get an office at work shortly, in which case I'd then put these on 22" stands in my office for my vintage setup being driven by a vintage Sherwood S-7125b

mcygw15hv0tg.jpg

Here is my current HT setup. A 5 channel LSi setup.

515B6337-814E-4A07-85A3-F8437569C047.jpg
    [img][/img]A5F06BA6-7E1E-4724-86C1-C42E3298361B.jpg

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Count me in please. I've missed my monitor 7's since the day i sold them. I started with a pair of 5's, then came the 7's that i totally redid, then SDA 2B, to SDA 1C and now my end game 1.2tl's.

I've been on the lookout for a pair of monitor 7's to set up a simple 2 channel family room rig so these would be pefect.

Here's the first pic after hooking up the 1.2tl's.
    a5b2ktp4b4xz.jpg
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    In please!!

LOL!!!! :p
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Larry, I don't know if multiple posts count for multiple entries... :tongue:
  • subkron
    subkron Posts: 57
    3mlrn7fnoa83.jpg

I posted earlier to be in but didn't have a pic of the setup. Pic is a portion of the 2ch setup (other speaker out of FOV) in a very temporary location as we are upgrading the room. Why I deserve them? Never won anything, love the vintage equipment and the sound is great. These will probably go to a son, after I thoroughly check them out of course.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    In please:

Deserving...probably not...would love to own...definitely!

n96k2j49jvfj.jpg

q5767azwp94i.jpg

Would use for a setup in our upstairs living room with an extra receiver.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's