Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    The only people who loved him where...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    the nuns at the monastery liked
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Willow
    To get him on his knees to...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    paddle his fanny, but......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    You've got to be kidding me.....f a n n y is censored!?! This is worse than preschool.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    F1nut wrote: »
    You've got to be kidding me.....f a n n y is censored!?! This is worse than preschool.

Pretty sad. I do however like your avatar
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Well, in the UK, that word (f-a-n-n-y) refers to a different part of the anatomy than it does in Amurrica -- and this forum is a global resource, you know? ;)

5796a643-da54-450e-996d-5284585f46aa_1000.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I think "lordy" was last week's word...

;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited June 2017
    Speaking of last week, I was driving my new Leaf, ....
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Well, in the UK, the word (f-a-n-n-y) refers to a different part of the anatomy than it does in Amurrica -- and this forum is a global resource, you know? ;)

Good point ! I was thinking about the troubles that posting this pic may pose on an international level, specifically with the Brits that you mentioned.

r8j9j8c7pfv4.jpg

We would all agree, IMO, that this young couple are apparently behaving in an appropriate social manner. They are, as shown in the still photograph, a suitable distance apart, observing the necessary proprieties. They are both dressed in casual evening wear that appears to be neat and clean. The same could be said for their hair stylings.
    I was going to suggest (while not being judgement) that they may wish to consider the remote possibility that laying one's 45's and LP's are best not left out on the carpet.
    Then I realized ..... the carpet. The TYPE of carpet, who's name I shan't even mention here ! It's name, in Britain, is a slang term for ....well ..... naughty things. :o

And our good neighbors to the North also have things that trigger them. For instance, the mere mention of a particular brand of peanut butter has been known to drive them into a frenzy. The following pic, with the offending term politely obscured to spare feelings, show the offending culprit:

lohca6h99klb.jpg

I'm not sure if that applies to both the "Creamy" version (as shown) or also to the "Chunky" version.
    I'd suggest that we avoid the mention of either to be safe.

Well, that's all I've got ! Be safe and be comfy
    Sal Palooza