RTI Vs Signature

hello friends, for the first time in my life I am planning to invest in AVR and 5.1 speakers. Need your valuable advise for setting up my Home theatre.

QUESTION 1

as per my room size ( 13 feet by 11 feet) I have homed on to two options

option 1

RTI A4
CSI A4
FXI A4
PSW 125

option 2
S 50
S 30
S 15
PSW 125

please suggest which out of the two is a better option.

QUESTION 2

which AVR will support these speakers better

Denon 1300w or Yamaha 581

Please suggest and help me out.

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Option 2 will will sound better in my opinion.

Would go with the Yamaha myself. Aventage series would be better sounding, but will cost more.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Although I'm generally a Yamaha fan, at that level, I kind of like the Denon.

BTW, there is no RTI A4. Did you mean the RTI A5 towers? If so, that kind of evens things up. For mostly HT use, I'm of the opinion that the RTiA speakers are slightly better. The FXi will definitely be better performing surrounds. You'll probably be able to find a better deal on the older series speakers.
  • gumbay13
    gumbay13 Posts: 360
    Either speaker option will do just fine for both HT and music.

It never hurts to err on the side of the newer offering.

Excellent deals here:
    https://www.adorama.com/pkults10a.html?sdtid=10198536&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

https://www.adorama.com/pkults20c.html?sdtid=10198536&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

You can do better on the sub but will have to spend more.

For receivers you always want one that has the options/functions that you have to have eg. pream out.

Good luck
    AMP/Pre Pro: Outlaw 7000x, Marantz AV7703
    Speakers: Fronts:LSiM 705s/ Center: LSiM 706c / Surrounds: LSim 703s
    SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2
    Source:OPPO UDP-203
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Option 2 would be easier for an entry/entry-mid AVR to drive I believe.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2017
    I would go for the Sig series hands down, just for the fact that this series is better for music. As far as HT, don't think one would be better than the other.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Another vote for Signature series, especially if music is in the plan for use.

I have to ward people away from RTi for music, but mine is but one opinion, and I have an aversion to bright, crunchy sound signatures.
    I disabled signatures.
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    I second what msg said. I had the RTi with a Yamaha 681 and it was too bright for my taste for music but good for HT. The signature series does both well. I would also look at the Yamaha Aventage series as they have preouts so you can add an amp later should you want more power.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa760bl/yamaha-rx-a760-7.2-ch-x-90-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited June 2017
    ^^^Not all AVENTAGE models have preouts, nor does the one in the link above. IIRC its the 8xx series and above that have preouts, but I would check that because its been a few years since I have been in the market for a AVR.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    ^^^Not all AVENTAGE models have preouts, nor does the one in the link above. IIRC its the 8xx series and above that have preouts, but I would check that because its been a few years since I have been in the market for a AVR.

My bad..I did not read the specs on that model I assumed the whole series did and that was a decent deal.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    hello friends, for the first time in my life I am planning to invest in AVR and 5.1 speakers. Need your valuable advise for setting up my Home theatre.

QUESTION 1

as per my room size ( 13 feet by 11 feet) I have homed on to two options

option 1

RTI A4
    CSI A4
    FXI A4
    PSW 125

option 2
    S 50
    S 30
    S 15
    PSW 125

please suggest which out of the two is a better option.

QUESTION 2

which AVR will support these speakers better

Denon 1300w or Yamaha 581

Please suggest and help me out.

If I'm understanding your post correctly this will be for HT use, not music. Therefore, I'll recommend the RTiA series, but you'll need a better AVR and sub regardless.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited June 2017
    Yeah one would think that would be the case. It's funny it works that way. I have the AVENTAGE 1010 powering a 5 Channel RTI series home theater, which includes the big RTI12's. I have used external amplification for the mains in addition to the 1010 powering the center and surrounds and it was good. However, using the different amps to power the speakers made audible differences and took away the seamless/immersive experience I was wanting. I removed the ext. amp and am letting the 1010 do all of work above 80hz. I am actually impressed with the 1010's ability and unless I get a decent 5 channel amp to power the speakers full range, I see no benefit from using two channel external amp's... for a designated HT anyway. So I guess my point is, it's unfortunate that the lower tier AVR's that could benefit the most from ext. amplification are the one's that do not include the preouts to do so.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Yamaha started putting the Aventage name on some lower end models in the past couple of years, where it was previously reserved for the top end. Pioneer did the same thing with Elite.