ebay speakers MW6510 and 6503

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    That matched pair of 6510's is a deal.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I could use those (6510) in my 11Ts... One of the surrounds has a tear (odd clean break, like it shattered).
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    The Speaker Exchange and Midwest are just re-selling new replacements from Polk.
    $75.00 from them vs $48.00 plus tax directly from Polk.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    The Speaker Exchange and Midwest are just re-selling new replacements from Polk.
    $75.00 from them vs $48.00 plus tax directly from Polk.

Yes i know that BUT if Polk is out of stock this might be an only option. Some current new stock production is not coming back Polk is now selling new production speakers that are "close enough" so to speak. MW6501 is one i was told will not be made again even though it is listed in the sticky.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    I haven't heard back from member on set of 6510s. If anyone has a good pair, PM or I'll have to go all eBay on ya lol
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    I got the 6510 matched pair for my 1C's. I have one pushed in cone. I did the transaction about 4:00 PM Eastern time Saturday. The woofers were delivered today Monday. Washington to Georgia by usps priority mail.

Pittdog2 thanks for posting the links. The seller has posted another pair of 6510's.
    Harry

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    I got the 6510 matched pair for my 1C's. I have one pushed in cone. I did the transaction about 4:00 PM Eastern time Saturday. The woofers were delivered today Monday. Washington to Georgia by usps priority mail.

Pittdog2 thanks for posting the links. The seller has posted another pair of 6510's.
    Harry

Do my best to help out.

If your talking about the dust cap. It can be pulled out with a vacuum. Hold to cone so it dont move. If the hose will fit over the dust cap place it over the cap have someone turn on then off the vacuum when no more suction remove hose. Be very careful i have done this on a number worked like a charm. But i can't stress how careful you need you be.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    pitdogg2,
    I tried the vacuum on the dust cap a few months ago, and had no luck correcting the problem. Finally decided to buy replacement woofers after seeing Toolfan's "warehouse" of saved woofers.

I've had "cones" on my brain lately as I have been looking for cones to stabilize my dreadnought as F1nut did. It turned over on my foot one day, and his solution seemed a good one.

F1nut, if you read this, can you tell me where you got the dreadnought cones. Seem to better options on cones in general in the UK.

Thanks!
    Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    Are you talking about spikes when you say "cones"?
    Google speaker spikes or feet you should come up with a bunch of places.

For the life of me i cannot remember Jesse's seller.
  • F1nut
    pitdogg2,
    I tried the vacuum on the dust cap a few months ago, and had no luck correcting the problem. Finally decided to buy replacement woofers after seeing Toolfan's "warehouse" of saved woofers.

I've had "cones" on my brain lately as I have been looking for cones to stabilize my dreadnought as F1nut did. It turned over on my foot one day, and his solution seemed a good one.

F1nut, if you read this, can you tell me where you got the dreadnought cones. Seem to better options on cones in general in the UK.

Thanks!
    Harry

The stainless steel spikes I used were custom made for me in England. You could probably find a local machine shop to make you something. The stainless steel knurled knobs I bought online, but I doubt I still have their info. The outriggers I also sourced online. They are aluminum link bars used in the assembly of something or another.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Ok, found the outriggers. Similar to this one, but mine didn't have the brass insert. https://8020.net/shop/4185.html

Basically, you're looking for an 80/20 straight pivot arm 3 inches long.

President of Club Polk

• BlueBirdMusic
    edited June 2017
    F1nut,
    Thanks for the info. I think the Adona cones are the ones I will use. They are reasonably priced to solve the tipping problem. I had found the 80/20 pivot arms.

I like that "new" sailboat of yours. You didn't have to change your picture. Sailing was my hobby for about 35 years. I still have a Pearson Flyer, the only masthead version of the boat made. I used two Schaefer stainless steel tangs from an earlier boat to serve as the outriggers on the dreadnought -- still working on it.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • F1nut
    My original avatar was removed by Polk because Kurt300 complained about it.

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    F1nut wrote: »

You've got to be kidding Jesse...
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Motorhead had to get rid of Raquel Welch
    I had to get rid of my fishing partner lady
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • westmassguy
    Unreal
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • txcoastal1
    Unreal

The NFL ;)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Raquel is still here , she is jut wearing a burka. I think the Polk mods will be growing beards and wearing Topi prayer caps soon.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2017

As unbelievable as it is to those with a clue, I'm not kidding. Meanwhile there are other non-PC avatars all over the forum.

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    Raquel is still here , she is jut wearing a burka. I think the Polk mods will be growing beards and wearing Topi prayer caps soon.

That cultural appropriation, I'm telling.....
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    Reported......
  • txcoastal1
    Shut up Ivan

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,471

How long have you had that avatar?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • F1nut
    machone wrote: »

A very long time. It's the same one I use on a number of audio sites. No one has ever had a problem with it until one person with a vendetta complained.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    edited June 2017
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Wow!!!

This is great Larry....lmfao
    We should all switch avatars
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Unbelievable!
    This is what happens when we take ourselves too seriously.
    Everybody lighten up and have some fun. B)
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302

A very long time. It's the same one I use on a number of audio sites. No one has ever had a problem with it until one person with a vendetta complained.

To clarify, I did not complain to anyone at Polk about your avatar. (I did suggest in a public thread that *you* might compare it's message to one of "respect".)

There is no vendetta from me. As I suggested a few weeks ago via PM, I'd like to make peace. It doesn't look like that is what you want, but it will continue to be what I want.

• F1nut
    Kurt300 wrote: »

To clarify, I did not complain to anyone at Polk about your avatar. (I did suggest in a public thread that *you* might compare it's message to one of "respect".)

There is no vendetta from me. As I suggested a few weeks ago via PM, I'd like to make peace. It doesn't look like that is what you want, but it will continue to be what I want.

No vendetta, eh? All one has to do is review your past posts to clearly see it has been you following me around making snide comments, not the other way around, so please spare us the, I want to make peace now. You could have easily done that years ago by simply not attacking me. The same applies to now, you leave me alone and I won't have to put you in your place.

As for the avatar business. If it wasn't you, it certainly is plausible that your post was the impetus. Regardless, it's the actions of Polk in the name of political correctness that were unwarranted.

President of Club Polk

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793

@F1nut, There gonna just love my new avatar! :tongue:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain