Denon POA-5200

Devildog
Devildog Posts: 68
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
Can anyone give me a heads up on finding a Denon POA-5200 amp? I want to power the F/X 500's with it in center rear with the 4800 handling the other five channels. All my reseach has lead to out of stock replies with "it's discontinued" when asked if they expect to be restocked. Thank you. Rick
The Revolution will not be televised.
Post edited by Devildog on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
  • Devildog
    edited April 2002
    Thanks Aaron,
    They don't have it in stock either, but I ordered one and they put me on a waiting list. I hope they get a shipment of them despite their being "discontinued". This club is certainly a great resource for Polks and everything related. Rick
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    I'm sure if BrandNamez doesn't get them in you can find them elsewhere. Just do a search for "POA-5200" on Google.com.

Aaron
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited April 2002
    it's a little more, but they may have it in stock...?

Denon POA-5200
  • Devildog
    edited April 2002
    Thanks guys,
    Google worked. It is probably gray market, but, what the hay. The guy said the two year warranty offered by Denon would be "through them". The price was great and they're shipping tomorrow. Thanks again to both of you. I guess I'm about to assemble a HT where every major component is discontinued. It has brought it to where I can afford it, though. Rick
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited April 2002
    Originally posted by Devildog
    Thanks guys,
    Google worked. It is probably gray market, but, what the hay. The guy said the two year warranty offered by Denon would be "through them". The price was great and they're shipping tomorrow. Thanks again to both of you. I guess I'm about to assemble a HT where every major component is discontinued. It has brought it to where I can afford it, though. Rick

Devildog-what site did you end up buying through? im in the market for Denon as well
  • Devildog
    edited April 2002
    Billm57,
    I ordered it from Reliable Audio Video, TX: 800-836-9396, Price was $499.00 plus shipping. They gave me a UPS tracking number but I don't have it yet, so please don't consider this an endorsement. Good luck, Rick
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited April 2002
    Nice to see you using the correct amp for that receiver.Good work.Thats a great receiver.I like it alot.I hope the amp come soon , you should post your result's after you test it like a mad man.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Devildog
    edited April 2002
    Reliable came through today. Delivered, double-boxed, brand new. Just waiting for the cables now. :) Rick