The Opao has landed!

Look I am all excited! Got a set of Dayens for my two channel system. I will report back. Yee ha!

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Please do. What's Opao?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Please do. What's Opao?

Opposite of Confefe
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    LOL
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Confetti?? Convoovoo? Kaman'nawaana'leiaah?
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Are these the lost lyrics to "I Am The Walrus"?
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    No I am seriously excited transitioning my bedroom system from a 5.1 to a straight 2 channel. Dayens amplno monos and preamp with the Auralic Aries mini driving my Ushers. Gonna ad a Cambridge spinner to play my hd disc. And I will be done for a minute. Getting it all from Dskip. Just need a pair of cables and I am go to go.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I don't know what the Opao is, but that's a sweet system you've put together. We're both rockin' the Dayens/Usher combo and frankly I find it to be hard to beat for the money. No doubt Skip will steer you in the right direction and do you right.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited June 2017
    Okay, You'all need to just knock it off right now!!! The Last thing I need to do is ta buy some Ampino mono Blocker's. Paul & Bruce I know where you both live ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • PSOVLSK
    voltz wrote: »
    Okay, You'all need to just knock it off right now!!! The Last thing I need to do is ta buy some Ampino mono Blocker's. Paul & Bruce I know where you both live ;)

How about a Menuetto??? I know where you can get one for a pretty good price :D:p
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    voltz wrote: »

How about a Menuetto??? I know where you can get one for a pretty good price :D:p

I would be happy to take that off of your hands but I am out of money and I have no place to use it yet (wonder if it would run 707's? lol). Did you ever go the Ampino Preamp/Monoblock route? I must say I am quite pleased with the combination that I am running. I brimming with anticipation to get some better cables, IC's and my speaker upgrade. This setup sounds fantastic compared to the former system.
  • PSOVLSK
    I've never heard the Ampino monoblocks, but I think the Ampino integrated is the best bargain in the Dayens lineup. I found it to be just a tad below the Menuetto. The only negative for me was the minimal number of inputs. All that being said, I know the Ampino monoblocks have to be pretty darn good. Crank it and enjoy!!