Check your MW screws

Options
With hurricane nuts, I have had to re tighten my screws two times.
Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    Did you replace the original gaskets with Armacell?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• stones89
    stones89 Posts: 229
    Options
    No, the originals were in good shape.
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    Then you shouldn't have to tighten the screws.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• stones89
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. Just don't want to over torque. I have a tendency to do that! Thanks.
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Options
    Did you glue the hurricane nuts as well? Are you sure they were drawn in all the way initially? I have heard people having issues if they didn't get them seated enough. I had to make a washer set to distribute the load and really tighten it to draw the hurricane nuts all the way in. I saw someone had to do that on another thread. The speaker basket will deform if you use that to draw them in or over tighten.
  • stones89
    Options
    Yes, I glued and seeded them with a screw/washer combination. Thanks for the input.
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Options
    I would mark them, and see if they are turning, try some blue or lesser thread locker, or try some screws with a nylon or thread locker patch.
  • stones89
    Options
    Thanks, if I have any more problems I will give one of those options a try.

I checked them this morning after a long night of playing and they are tight. It is ironic that when they were loose, they were all loose. I am thinking I did not have them tightened down enough.