speaker wire and interconnects. audioquest.

ok i pulled a old audio quest evergreen interconnect out and it seems to sound extra good with my speakers and amp compared to the other cables i have. if i were to buy something like the audio quest sydney cabel do you think i would notice much of a difference over the ever green.

also how many of you think different speaker wire makes a difference, i can get 20 feet of some audio quest type 4 wire off a spool for a descent price compare to what they charge for the pre maid cables. i have never heard a difference when changing to one brand of speaker wire to the other. they have all sounded the same to me and every thing i read about speaker wire it seems to state that you wont hear a difference unless its lousy wire, i have always bought speaker wire more on the budget side tho so maybe that is why i never heard a difference. but i can sure hear a difference between interconnects even if its 2 budget ones i am comparing .
Cambridge Azur 651A
Polk LSi M703
Sonos Connect

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Depends on your gear. I heard differences when i went up the AQ line to the Diamondbacks from Evergreens. Type 4 is good cable put good quality ends on it you should be good to go for a while.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Depends on your gear. I heard differences when i went up the AQ line to the Diamondbacks from Evergreens. Type 4 is good cable put good quality ends on it you should be good to go for a while.

thanks. it looks like the main thing different with the sydney interconnect is sliver plated connectors instead of gold and it has a air layer in the insulation. that does not seem like much of a difference so i would guess its probably sounds similar, so im not really sure if it is a big upgrade or not.
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• pitdogg2
    Pretty big difference. Different copper wire and the air tubes can make a difference. Its a replacement for the king cobra cable huge step up from Evergreens.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Pretty big difference. Different copper wire and the air tubes can make a difference. Its a replacement for the king cobra cable huge step up from Evergreens.

do you know if they sound about the same as the king cobra, i found one review saying the Sydney was brighter than the king cobra, i think i would prefer a little warmer cable. i see you can still get he king cobra few places and it cost a bit less than the Sydney, i found one review saying the Sydney was brighter than the king cobra.. but i cant seem to find any other information on one vs the other.

i think the evergreen is a little on the bright side but it seems to bring out some extra detail in the music and it does sound really good on this set up, so i think i may want to try another audio quest cable., i think something a little warmer than the ever green with just as good if not better detail would be ideal for me.

i was also reading the yukon was a very balanced sounding cable with nice warmth but is a litle more expensive.
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    "also how many of you think different speaker wire makes a difference"
    here we go!
    I not a huge Audioquest fan in general. YMMV. I have and still do use some of their stuff like the afore mentioned evergreens.

If you don't hear a difference, then there isn't one.

• pitdogg2
    Buy used set then you will not be out as much. I have been pretty satisfied with my diamondbacks so i have not used the king cobras. The mini cables are not really new they have just given them new names and expanded the line to include more of their upper cable offerings in a more compact package.