how do i select AUX IN with the POLK OMNI APP

I open the app when my soundbar is on "AUX IN" and I can see in that app that this input is selected.

If i go to "internet radio" or anything else, my device takes over, this is fine

but how do i select "AUX IN" again when I want that input? at the moment, i have to physically (or use the remote) select the AUX IN source on the soundbar. this is pretty annoying when all i want to do is change the source.

Best Answer

Answers

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I'm not sure I understand the question, you have to push a button to change sources on anything.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • buckettea
    buckettea Posts: 11
    sure, I accept you need to select it somewhere, but where is the 'button' in the app? i can change the source _away_ from the AUX IN in the app (as described), why can't i change it back to AUX IN on the app? or if i can, where is it?

there is a button on the remote
    there is a button on the SB

i can select internet radio, etc.

FYI, the sonos app on my other system allows me to select "line in", being the AUX IN
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Gotcha. no way to switch back in the app. Maybe a user will chime in or Polk tech guys. I personally don't have one so can't say for sure.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    It might be best to give Polk a call at 1-800-638-7276 their wireless helpline.
    Regards, Ken
  • buckettea
    i can't phone international, seems like a pretty basic question, and a pretty basic function. given no one has an answer i'm going to assume they over looked it as a rudimentary function that really should be there
  • [Deleted User]
    I'll find an answer for you and post it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    Here is the response from Polk:
    "The “wireless APP” takes precedence over the other inputs on our Omni products.
    When switching back to the AUX in, the customer will need to manually select the AUX input. After playing the speaker from the wireless App, the Omni speakers do not automatically switch back to the AUX input."
    Best regards, Ken

• buckettea
    Thanks Ken, for making the effort to answer my question - i do appreciate that.

it's still a bit ambiguous...

I'm not asking for "automatically" returning to AUX-IN after I play something from say, internet radio, I'm asking if there is provision in the app to select the AUX-INinstead of a wifi source.

when they reply "manually", can they give a confirmation the following statement is correct?

the only way to switch the SB1 to AUX-IN is via the button on the unit or the button on the remote control.

• buckettea
    again, thanks Ken.

seems like a pretty basic function and a huge oversight by polk. the device clearly has the ability for an app to switch sources.
  • buckettea
    OK, so - I reviewed other offerings and came across this site:

http://hometheaterreview.com/polk-has-added-a-new/

where it clearly states:

Another new feature is the ability to directly connect an audio player via the S6's 3.5mm jack and wirelessly stream that content to all of the Play-Fi speakers around the house.

Alas, I still cannot find a way to do it. The Polk Omni App doesn't offer it, the DTS Play Fi App (of which I just purchased a licence key thinking it would solve the problem) doesn't offer a way to do it.

Am I being lead further and further down a garden path here?

It's beyond me that they have not though about home theatre and how this feature is crucial for this purpose....

• buckettea
    forget that, worked it out