Has anyone heard of Bryston Model T speakers?

Options
Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,520
Has anyone heard of these or heard these?

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    I have heard of them i have not heard them.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

I've heard them. What would you like to know?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Are they good?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Are they good?

They were ok, I heard them several months ago, and left going "that's it?" For the money you could do better In my opinion. If you were to come across a pair used for a good price, then go for it. But new... I would look elsewhere.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    Options
    Used. $3995 and local in rosewood.

Not sure where to put it but I've been thinking about it.
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    The brystons I heard were paired with simaudio moon, so I'm left wondering if it was poor pairing. They get rave reviews, had great bass, but not the best sound staging I've heard.

I was told by my dealer they sound best paired with bryston gear (go figure). And are a more neutral speaker.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Joey_V
    Options
    The thing that worries me is their size. In person they are pretty large
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    They are quite large. Might be too big for a kitchen system Joey :smile: Bryston holds its value, I don't see why you couldn't get your money back if it doesn't work out.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Joey_V
    Options
    I hear ya mikey. I was thinking of replacing my pm1 for it but not sure how the wife will feel seeing that large ungainly box. The pm1 is so clean small and cleverly designed.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Dibs on the PM1s!!! :)
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    I hear ya mikey. I was thinking of replacing my pm1 for it but not sure how the wife will feel seeing that large ungainly box. The pm1 is so clean small and cleverly designed.

I have two pair of Ushers you can woo her with :p
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Options
    rpf65 wrote: »
    These guys build them for Bryston

http://www.axiomaudio.com/floorstanding-speakers

I had axiom years ago... Seemingly neutral speaker but there's more than simply having a flat FR response. The brystons seem to be just that, it is a speaker built to FR chart.

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Axiom Audio. I was on a trip with my son's scout troop last summer to Algonquin Provincial Park. Driving, up ahead I see a sign poking out from the edge of the tree line that has a familiar logo on it. It was Axiom Audio. Their facility is literally in the middle of the Canadian wilderness. Totally random sighting which I was not expecting to see.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    I had the smaller version called the mini T. They had some big bass but, I did not dig the house sound. The highs I felt were off as well as the midrange punch that I like. The T might be a different animal though but, I thought they had the same tweeter as the Mini T
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Double tweeters, double mid range, triple bass woofers

Not sure how that changes things.