Any Anime Fans?

Just got done watching "The Garden Of Words" over the weekend and fell in love with it! Beautiful story, animation and score. Most likely will watch it again today, I feel drawn to the story.

It is really a great view of how people mature at different rates, hopelessness in adulthood and feeling stuck where you are.

yvhhugcq0cz9.png

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited May 2017
    Only if it is p@rn.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Only if it is ****.

As i'm sure you know that special word starts with an H and ends in an I =P

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Original "Ghost in the Shell" and Cowboy Be-Bop are intriguing.
  • codycatalist
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Original "Ghost in the Shell" and Cowboy Be-Bop are intriguing.

They are quite good. Same with Akira, Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll to name a few of the cult classics.

Lately I have been getting back into Studio Ghibli stuff and now discovered Makoto Shinkai and his stuff is just out of this world good.

• Its from Shinkai movie right? have watched it years ago on theater and it feels great. Its all about the relationship between student and teacher and the things that makes me interested is the setting and of course the amazing soundtrack from every Shinkai movie.
  • Just got done watching "The Garden Of Words" over the weekend and fell in love with it! Beautiful story, animation and score. Most likely will watch it again today, I feel drawn to the story.

It is really a great view of how people mature at different rates, hopelessness in adulthood and feeling stuck where you are.

yvhhugcq0cz9.png

Its from Shinkai right? Have watched it few years ago on theater. Its all about the relationship between student and teacher. What makes me interested is the setting and of course the great music from almost every Shinkai movie.
  • codycatalist
    Just got done watching "The Garden Of Words" over the weekend and fell in love with it! Beautiful story, animation and score. Most likely will watch it again today, I feel drawn to the story.

yvhhugcq0cz9.png

Its from Shinkai right? Have watched it few years ago on theater. Its all about the relationship between student and teacher. What makes me interested is the setting and of course the great music from almost every Shinkai movie.

Indeed it is a Shinkai film!

Just watched "Children who chase lost voices" yesterday and it was great as well. Didn't have the impact Garden of words had on me but still a good film.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I like Attack on Titan.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • codycatalist
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I like Attack on Titan.

I loved the first season but just haven't been able to get into the new one.

• Nightfall
    How about the one about writing a name in the notebook and they die? That was good, I can't remember what it was called.

• codycatalist
    How about the one about writing a name in the notebook and they die? That was good, I can't remember what it was called.

Death Note I believe. Never watched it but I have heard very good things!

I didn't get much in series as much as movies. I mean I watched Naruto, cowboy bebop, samurai champloo etc but my love lies with movies like Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Demon City Shinjuku, Studio Ghibli films etc.

• Nightfall
    That's it, you should watch it it's really good. The second half kind of drags, they should have ended it at the halfway point but that first half is very good.

• codycatalist
    That's it, you should watch it it's really good. The second half kind of drags, they should have ended it at the halfway point but that first half is very good.

The animated movie or series? They also have a live action version from Japan I heard is quite well received.

• Nightfall
    Series.

• codycatalist
    Series.

Hmm I might just have to start it and take a look. I know it overall is a hit series with a lot of people praising it. I started to cut out TV for the next week or so, that way I can finish catching up on the Spawn comic series. I have like 60-70 issues to get through ha!

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Assassination classroom... Impatiently waiting for the 2nd half of season 2. Space Dandy, Blood Lad, One Piece, etc.
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Along with a couple of animes mentioned above, I used to watch bleach religiously. Somehow they wanted to halt the series at episode 366. Patiently waiting for them to keep the series going.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300