HORRIBLE SYSTEM!!!

deepc
deepc Posts: 1
I bought the SB1 sound bar and two S2 speakers. They are fine but the app is horrible. Constantly loses speakers that need to be reinstalled. Many times won't let me play multiple speakers. Have to uninstall and reinstall speakers and app. Usually takes at least one hour. The incredibly cheap remote breaks. I have been through two so far. Technical assistance is no help. The system doesn't work following their instructions and they don't know why. Just when it finally works properly for more than one day Polk requires a system update and then the system fails again. Unless you enjoy being a beta tester for their failed app do not buy this system.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Have you contacted Polk CS yet?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, I'm sorry you're having a problem. Let me forward this to someone in Polk's CS department for help.
    Regards, Ken
  • deepc wrote: »
    I bought the SB1 sound bar and two S2 speakers. They are fine but the app is horrible. Constantly loses speakers that need to be reinstalled. Many times won't let me play multiple speakers. Have to uninstall and reinstall speakers and app. Usually takes at least one hour. The incredibly cheap remote breaks. I have been through two so far. Technical assistance is no help. The system doesn't work following their instructions and they don't know why. Just when it finally works properly for more than one day Polk requires a system update and then the system fails again. Unless you enjoy being a beta tester for their failed app do not buy this system.

My bad, but I don't have any problem of using the app with my SB1 for months. Better to call for support.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    I believe someone from Polk has sent you an email concerning your SB1 and S2 problem.