Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    of3a030odhem.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,036
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ^ That's a poignant image.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Looks like Jesse has a room with a view
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    It looks like he's been taken out of the general population at his place of "residence".
  • F1nut
    Options
    That's your future.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    You two had better not get the picture thread shut down! :/
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Not to change the subject or anything -- but Marky spent some quality time Saturday afternoon honing his bucket skills.

y0zp5yl3f5qu.jpg

Yes, that is a bucketful of chicken -- umm -- detritus.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    You and your words....Had to look up "detritus" as that is yet another new one for me.
    Do you have one of thems "word of the day" calendars handy at all times?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Only in mah head :#

Actually, I believe that I learned the word detritus from my tropical fish hobbyist days, from "The Innes Book" (which was sort of the "Whole Earth Catalog" for tropical fish keeping, in those long-ago times). The other term I remember from that book is mulm. That's the kind of brownish crud that collects at the bottom of a fish tank, atop the gravel. It's a pretty nasty amalgam of detritus.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mulm

Noun
    mulm (uncountable)
    The sludge that collects at the bottom of an aquarium, consisting of fish excrement, decaying plant matter, and other assorted detritus.

Can't make this stuff up!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    How about a game of scrabble, doc :D:D:D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    My wife & children clean my clock at Scrabble.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    I'm gonna start punching people who say "vinyls" in the t'roat.
    I don't even care if it's your grandmother who does it. She's getting throat punched. And pushed down the stairs still strapped into her wheelchair.
    k6hx2v0cqnvk.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    Options
    I luv me sum vinyls.

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    You are dead to me.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    speaking of grannies in wheelchairs...

https://youtu.be/4ghEFz-d6Co
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    Options
    This was taken near our vacation (soon to be permanent) home outside of Grand Junction, Colorado.

3gac62qzknd9.jpg
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Mark - That picture is absolutely beautiful. Hope you and Susan are doing well!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I'm gonna start punching people who say "vinyls" in the t'roat.
    I don't even care if it's your grandmother who does it. She's getting throat punched. And pushed down the stairs still strapped into her wheelchair.
    k6hx2v0cqnvk.jpg

According to Gary Dell'Abate (bababooey), the plural of vinyl is 'pieces of vinyl'...
  • mark090852
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Mark - That picture is absolutely beautiful. Hope you and Susan are doing well!

Thanks Al. Sue and I are great now that the sun is out again. If the rain had continued, I would have helped you with that arc that you wanted to build!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • mark090852
    Options
    Literally, just a few seconds before sunrise over the Grand Valley in Grand Junction, CO.

oooq2o6dwvjk.jpg
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    ^^^ Awesome Photo !!! ^^^
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • mark090852
    Options
    The trail ahead while Jeeping over the Ophir Pass near Telluride CO.

1smah9bzh6s0.jpg
  • mark090852
    Options
    Breckenridge, Colorado blue trees and explanation.

3hp67576sxux.jpg

1c8fw97edwnh.jpg

1drblbugixr8.jpg

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    Derm wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Not a pretty day for it, but I just saw the first scarlet tanager of the year... and happened to have the camera reasonably nearby.
    Photos are cropped but otherwise un(re)touched

Pretty bird!
    Is that a legitimate comment or a quote from Billy the blind kid from "Dumb and Dumber"? LOL

I agree though it is a pretty and colourful bird.

Both :) Beautiful bird and that quote came to mind as I had just watched the show with my kids.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    mark090852 wrote: »
    This was taken near our vacation (soon to be permanent) home outside of Grand Junction, Colorado.

3gac62qzknd9.jpg

well, that's -- adequate.

;)

It's effing gorgeous. Congratulations on the relo!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options

3hp67576sxux.jpg

1c8fw97edwnh.jpg

1drblbugixr8.jpg

Great place and a beautiful state in general. They still have that trailer in Breck. that serves those big waffle cones ? You can get just about anything in those things, even lobster, they were awesome.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mark090852
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Great place and a beautiful state in general. They still have that trailer in Breck. that serves those big waffle cones ? You can get just about anything in those things, even lobster, they were awesome.

I haven't seen that trailer, Tony. Where was it located? I'll have to look for it the next time we are in the "high country". No pun intended. :)

• mhardy6647
    Options
    [...

I haven't seen that trailer, Tony. Where was it located? I'll have to look for it the next time we are in the "high country". No pun intended. :)

heh. I see what you did there.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Did someone say waffle cones?! :*