Cannot identify these Polks. What model are these?

i61880hl8kua.jpg
n7h8hcm397gj.jpg
I picked three of these for $15. Polk Monitor 5b's?

Best Answers

Answers

• arekon
    arekon Posts: 77
    cool. what did the museum say after carbon-dating?
  • ULOSECLOWN
    ULOSECLOWN Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for your prompt responses... I was also thinking these are home made
    with Polk components. The cabinets are covered with a black vinyl the grills have home made pegs and have been recovered. hooked up the speakers in by garage with an old bryston amp . The speaker sound half descent, all components work...
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    The passive is from a 5jr+, and I would guess the crossover is too. The cabinet size appears similar as well. The MW is likely a 6502. The tweeter is a SL1000. It was never offered as with the 5jr+, but it was offered with very early models of the ported 5jr. It is not a very highly regarded tweeter. A RD0-194 should work as a replacement, depending on the crossover, but the mounting plate is a different size. They are ~$50 each directly from polk and sound much better. The tweeter offset my cause other issues.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited May 2017
    During LSAF, I had Russman take a look at the pic. His response was prototype.

he said that pic needs to be shown to one of the old Polk elders like Al or Sandy to confirm.

Maybe Ken could run the pic up the flag pole
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    During LSAF, I had Russman take a look at the pic. His response was prototype.

he said that pic needs to be shown to one of the old Polk elders like Al or Sandy to confirm.

Maybe Ken could run the pic up the flag pole

Does @RuSsMaN hate us or what? That dude and Mark @dorokusai were two of the main reasons I stuck around the forum!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Mark was the shiznit no bout adoubt it.
    Miss that A$$Chap kind of guy
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nah just a different path for Russ. Mark has had his travels too.

The rooster crows now and then around here, we had a blast as usual at LSAF. I chat with Russ weekly
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nah just a different path for Russ. Mark has had his travels too.

The rooster crows now and then around here, we had a blast as usual at LSAF. I chat with Russ weekly

A shame, that can be said for too many regulars who used to populate this forum.

Add that to the "Sad" thread...

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/