This is sad

Comments

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    K_M wrote: »
    Someones idea of their "Truth" does not give carte blanche to Bash everyone and call them trolls, when they are unable to discuss maturely a different view.

It is a behavior issue, not a matter of truth.

If you post like a troll, and your post read like a troll and you act like a troll. Guess what your a troll and like it or not that's the truth not an "alternate fact".
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    I can't believe this doesn't mention "and Bose", since Bose is the bomb at home theater and knows everything.... not really but with those few listed...
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    gimpod wrote: »
    Someones idea of their "Truth" does not give carte blanche to Bash everyone and call them trolls, when they are unable to discuss maturely a different view.

If you post like a troll, and your post read like a troll and you act like a troll. Guess what your a troll and like it or not that's the truth not an "alternate fact".

Everyone knows who the real "trolls" are on here. All you have to do is to dare to disagree with one of them and then sit back and wait for the personal attacks.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    The impression I get from that is Polk is trying to be unbiased by sending folk to third party sites unaffiliated with Polk.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited May 2017
    So Polk is trying not to offend who now? As a side note, this forum is already too much of a "safe place". Not too many people left that can be offended.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    BlueFox wrote: »
    The impression I get from that is Polk is trying to be unbiased by sending folk to third party sites unaffiliated with Polk.

I think you probably hit the nail on the head with that comment.

The other forums mentioned aren't affiliated or focused on any particular brand like this one is supposed to be.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Everyone knows who the real "trolls" are on here. All you have to do is to dare to disagree with one of them and then sit back and wait for the personal attacks.

Gate with respect trolls are ones that only show up for a debate and generally lack actual participation

K_M will usually is non-existent until she can debate
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited May 2017
    Well, the writing is on the wall about how Polk feels about this place. They do business with Crutchfield..and I like them. They helped me out a lot ages ago during my early car audio days. Nevertheless, there is a wealth of info and support here. Plus I've seen newbies here get a ton of support and feedback to their post. However, I've personally witnessed some uneasiness towards newbies that question the audio God's. Let's keep it real guys! I was multiple flamed for questioning the effectiveness of super high dollar power cables and conditioners if the wire going all the way back to the AC panel was not addressed. It's a valid question! ...but these type of things come up on every forum. Plus, I've read so much negativity about Polk on several other forums. Still, It truly is sad that this place was snubbed. This is the HOME of all things Polk. No other forum promotes Polk Audio like this place.NONE! Not a good sign.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704

Yep, you, KM and the reindeer.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited May 2017
    So there's something wrong with suggesting gear upgrades that will make Polk products perform their best? I would think a lot less of my Polk speakers if yooz handnt lead me to the proper gear to make them play really well. This forum has been a great resource to me. There are more helpful folks on this forum than I have found elsewhere. I can understand if Polk hates me but not giving you guys props is a thumb in the eye. "Spits on sidewalk, walks away"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Sigh......it's you that follows me around taking shots and that is what makes to you the troll. Own it, deal with it because it is who you are.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    Rick88 wrote: »

Me a troll, that is some funny s h i t right there.

I've been here 13 years and have participated in many threads, been kind to everyone (except people like you).

Oh you're right there 88. That's not being a troll. lol

You do tend to like to pile on with your bud F1 but that's your prerogative. It's to be expected on a forum like this. On the other hand, I had never said anything negative about you prior to you calling me a troll.

You know, the only thing that ever really pissed me off on this forum was this from F1:
    F1nut wrote: »
    You should have never posted the pic of your set up because it is LOL.

To me that one crossed the line. I can honestly say I've never heard anyone on here ever ridicule anyone else's Polk setup and call it crap. I know I would never stoop to that level (even if I actually felt that way). It's totally uncool.

So can go ahead and condone that type of BS but believe me, when people see that type of BS it drives more away from this forum than it attracts.

I'm over it though. I don't think F1 really means it. If he does he's pretty-lame because my system kicks some serious azz!! lol

Everyone who has ever heard it has been impressed. I love my Polks.

I really don't have anything against anyone on this forum. For some reason F1 always seems to have sand in his Preparation H but if I didn't like the forum I would quit. It hasn't gotten to that point yet. If you and F1 were standing here in front of me I'd probably offer you both a beer. If you would refuse and throw it in my face we might have some serious problems then but I don't think you guys would.

lol

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Thank you Ken, for removing Gatecrasher's "kneepads and all" comment (whole post actually). :)

Dang step away for a moment and miss all kinds of stuff.
  • Gatecrasher
    Why don't you guys go to your other "forum"?
  • afterburnt
    Most people have difficulty in recognizing genuine charm.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    There's another forum?!?

https://youtu.be/4sCBsB17PMc
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I will continue to spread hate and discontent amongst the masses.

We expect nothing less from you hoser
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    nbrowser wrote: »

Part 2, what I find even more disturbing is seeing grown adults on here acting like schoolyard children, that may one of the reasons Polk didn't mention it's own forums, the childish BS that happens on here by a select few, grow up kids...time to act like adults!
    Agreed, seems to be the norm anymore. Surprised they haven't pulled the plug completely.
  • msg
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I will continue to spread hate and discontent amongst the masses.
    Package deal, along with your seed.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    Time to put the 2nd person ever on my ignore list...

That's what you should do. Problem solved.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Grab them by the p#$$&.

Although edited and somewhat amusing, this is probably a good example of why Polk might not want to push potential customers to come here first. This forum is a great support resource, but not necessarily a great marketing tool. Sometimes you have to sift through a lot of BS here to find the best morsels of advice, but it's mostly all for fun and love of audio. Yeah, sometimes it does get a little too passionate in here. I'm sure Polk doesn't want their new customers coming here to get embroiled in a cable debate right off the bat...

Polk doesn't hate us. We're just the crazy family members that you got nervous introducing a new girlfriend (or boyfriend) to, because you're not quite sure what's going to come out of their mouth.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    nbrowser wrote: »
    My one and only comment in this thread and I'm out of it.

I do find it disturbing that Polk didn't mention it's own forum but as BlueFox speculated that Polk may trying not to be showing favouritism I get that in spades.

Part 2, what I find even more disturbing is seeing grown adults on here acting like schoolyard children, that may one of the reasons Polk didn't mention it's own forums, the childish BS that happens on here by a select few, grow up kids...time to act like adults!

Good post. Agreed. The foolishness and bickering is embarrassing.
  • afterburnt
    I have seen well duller BB's but those are the pretentious ones full of people acting like they want to be thought of not how they really are (my name is Elmer J. Pud, I own a mansion and a yacht). I hate those kinds of people more than anything. This place is action packed!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    If I was a Polk exec, I don't know if I'd push potential customers to this forum to promote sales. Heck, most of the advice is to buy used. That, and they have little control over however us goofballs decide to respond. Yes, there's a wealth of information for owners here, but they chose 2 sites with "professional" reviewers, and probably the classiest online seller of all.

I think this sums it up...those other sites are set up and run to drive sales to certain products, and get a lot more eyeballs on them, regardless of the validity of the advice. This site is for the hardcore enthusiast who want a rad sounding system without spending an arm and leg. I'm guessing there's a big picture at play and this is only one part of it to increase sales. With all that said, I never check those sites for advice. That guy on CNET who reviews audio gear bugs me.

• msg
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I think this sums it up...those other sites are set up and run to drive sales to certain products, and get a lot more eyeballs on them, regardless of the validity of the advice. This site is for the hardcore enthusiast who want a rad sounding system without spending an arm and leg. I'm guessing there's a big picture at play and this is only one part of it to increase sales. With all that said, I never check those sites for advice. That guy on CNET who reviews audio gear bugs me.

Steve Guttenberg? I like that guy. He was great in Cocoon and Police Academy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    Polk should steal Hustlers old tag line "for the rest of the world" now that would be hardcore! I guess the want a mediocre image?
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    msg wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »

Steve Guttenberg? I like that guy. He was great in Cocoon and Police Academy.

What....no. The old bald guy. When I watch the videos I think Im getting audio advice from my Uncle Bob....he never say says any negative about the gear or the sound itself. He just reads the list of specs and plugs the company....maybe Im thinking of U tube.