Yamaha Announces new Aventage RX-A 70 series (5/2/17)

I've been curious about when the next Aventage models, with the latest, greatest technology, would be released and have periodically checked the Yamaha website. Today they made the announcement.

here are the projected releases and msrp per the Yamaha website:

The new Yamaha AVENTAGE models will be available exclusively at authorized Yamaha AV dealers with the following MSRPs:

RX-A670 ($599.95; May availability)
RX-A770 ($699.95; May availability)
RX-A870 ($999.95; June availability)
RX-A1070 ($1,299.95; June availability)
RX-A2070 ($1,699.95; June availability)
RX-A3070 ($2,199.95, July availability)

The Aventage 1060 currently lists for $1,199.95 at Amazon (discounted about $100 from msrp). So, the prices are about the same.

I'm undecided if I will get the Aventage 1060 when its price drops after the arrival of the 1070s or get the 1070. I've seen the 1060 brand new at Ebay for under $1,000, but not from an authorized dealer. Having a valid warranty is important and their is a Yamaha service center near my home. Decisions, decisions.

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Can't go wrong with either. My old aventage 1010 in the HT sounds amazing and has been 100% trouble free. Unless there is a feature in the 1070 your wanting save a couple bills and get the 1060.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    We have 2 lines of Yamaha, the basic RX-V series, and an RX-A model.

Both work fantastically, are very reliable, and offer great sound.
    We were scared at first to try to the RX-V series, as it is the basic entry level stuff, but were shocked at how usable it is and good it sounds.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    hmm so the A4L price on the XX50 will come down too :)
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    tonyb wrote: »
    There is a bit of indecision about getting the most current or something almost the most current, and this indecision can cause indigestion.

Why ? Even if you forked over for the latest version today, next year it will be old hat too. Having the newest, especially with receivers, is a short lived feeling.

You really want him to have indigestion for a whole year now....!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    mrloren wrote: »
    hmm so the A4L price on the XX50 will come down too :)

Yeah! Just think about it for a moment: between Craig's list, Ebay, Accessories 4 less, Fry's, Audiogon, Amazon market place sellers...... America is just a crummy place to be a bargain shopper! There is next to nothing to buy and no one to buy from. Woe is me.

More often than not, I end up trying to figure out what the best choice is between several good options. If only one path was good and everything else obviously not, life would be much easier.

I am happy with my Marantz right now. Maybe in the Fall if I have saved enough I will add the Marantz 2 channel amp or if the RX-A2050 comes down to the $600 range it will be something to think about.

CL in San Diego sucks for audio gear. I got my Oppo from a guy up in Orange County.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Looks like they added a set of balanced inputs on the 3070. First time I recall seeing that on a home theater receiver. Probably not a big deal, but could be a selling point for some.

Receivers are in a strange period now. The companies seem to feel a need to issue new models each year even if very little has changed. There could be some good deals on the current models soon but probably very little stock since Yamaha is not really a big brand in home theater. Marantz cut their pricing about in half a couple months ago to sell off their previous line which was almost identical to their current line.