WTB: Retro Video Games

Any chance anyone has any NES, SNES, or Genesis games they want to sell or trade?
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Right now next to nothing. I've been playing old games digitally for years and just recently decided to start building a physical collection.

I just got an SNES that's not yellowed, Super Mario World, and Super Mario All-Stars.

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I have a gun, a couple controllers and maybe one or two games laying around. For some reason, the NES itself is missing. I think there are some Playstation games also in the box.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    There are always a few of the "Multicades" for sale at the pinball shows. They are a retro looking upright PacMan style video game cabinet with like 60 of the classics all in one unit.

aagccp.jpg

Pretty-cool: http://www.arcadegamesales.com/60-games/

• Nightfall
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I have a gun, a couple controllers and maybe one or two games laying around. For some reason, the NES itself is missing. I think there are some Playstation games also in the box.

I'm not sure if you're offering to sell or?

• Nightfall
    There are always a few of the "Multicades" for sale at the pinball shows. They are a retro looking upright PacMan style video game cabinet with like 60 of the classics all in one unit.

aagccp.jpg

Pretty-cool: http://www.arcadegamesales.com/60-games/

Maybe if I had a house.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Or a loft, and your own sitcom.
    The multicade would be a pretty cool piece for retro entertaining with friends.

I know it's not at all the same, but have you messed with any emulators?

I still have a NES I heisted from my little brother (he stole my records. and a Suicidal Tendencies tape) and SNES, but only a couple of games. I fire them up every once in a while. I'll never get rid of them. Wouldn't mind picking up a few favorites from the old days, but almost never play anymore, except to scratch the nostalgia from time to time. OT, I know, my apologies; just sharing in the appreciation for retro game systems.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Emulation on an Nvidia Shield TV is what I'm doing now, Atari 2600 through PS1/N64 era.

• Nightfall
    Like you say though, it's just not the same even if it technically is.

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited May 2017
    I use Stella for Atari 2600. That's really retro! Been thinking of downloading Mame, which I know nothing about for playing Arcade versions of the games. I know, my post helped no one.
  • Nightfall
    MAME is awesome. Almost always better than their console counterparts.

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I don't mean to derail your thread, but since we're on the subject...I would want MAMEUI not MAME, if I want to you use it on Win10 and have it act like a normal program without using a DOS window? Correct? I've just recently started looking into it. I really "nerd out" when it come to old school video games. I even bought an adapter to use Atari 2600 joysticks that can now be plugged into USB ports. High-five!
  • Jimbo18
    Nightfall wrote: »

I'm not sure if you're offering to sell or?

I was thinking maybe some kind of trade if you are interested. I will send you a message when I get a chance.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    I was thinking about your thread today Nightfall while I was at the Pinfest pinball show in Allentown and took this picture.

2vbn9tt.jpg
  • Nightfall
    I was thinking maybe some kind of trade if you are interested. I will send you a message when I get a chance.

Long day at work, PM replied.

• Jimbo18

Long day at work, PM replied.

Your games are packed and ready to ship tomorrow. I added a couple "Polkie" extras.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Stephenshort reported
  • Nightfall
    Dang. I got excited for more games. :(

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Dang. I got excited for more games. :(

So every time when we need to find Josh...just bump this thread
    ...he's a comma' runnin'
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2021
    Squirrel 🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️

Probably shouldn't mention back in the day we had the Sega system and lucked into all the 32bit games and the special piece the went into the Sega to use them. Lots of old play station games and PS2. The EX got mad at the kids and threw it all away 4 yrs ago...

Wait did I say that out loud?
  • Nightfall
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Squirrel 🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️

Probably shouldn't mention back in the day we had the Sega system and lucked into all the 32bit games and the special piece the went into the Sega to use them. Lots of old play station games and PS2. The EX got mad at the kids and threw it all away 4 yrs ago...

Wait did I say that out loud?

Sega 32X that plugged into the Genesis?

2vi3kbkh5fyf.jpg

• pitdogg2
    edited February 2021
    Yep that's it.

Mother in law worked at toys r us and when they didn't sell well she one of each game and that piece in the back room. I remember 15 or so games. I played a few it was cool for the time.
    She bought the whole shabang for $9.00 a whopping sum...🤭

As you can tell I'm a hard core gamer

:D:D:D
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I wish I still had a SNES and F-Zero to play.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I wish I still had my Atari Jaguar with Alien vs Predator... that game scared the heII out of me.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• txcoastal1
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I wish I still had my Atari Jaguar with Alien vs Predator... that game scared the heII out of me.

This one?

ziya64x0m1tx.png
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    edited March 2021
    Last month a put a deposit down on a custom MAME console that plays over 5000 games. I included spinner for games like Tempest and light guns for shooting games. These consoles are a 6-10month build time.

https://extremehomearcades.com/home.aspx

It will be similar to this one
    7c5bx8237lnw.png

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »

This one?

ziya64x0m1tx.png

No, it was a first-person shooter/adventure game. It was the first one I’d played that had the processor speed for realistic motion, and it was also the first I’d played that used darkness/limited vision to great effect. The game scared the **** out of me - especially playing in a dark room, with my first surround setup (which was full Polk LS, BTW). Good times.

n1z62x8nsd1q.jpeg

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I still have an atari 2600 in the basement collecting dust for 30 years.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    There was a Atari game.... I think it was called Castle. You had to use the "Pong" remotes to block the small ball that would chip away at your defenses. If your castle got hit you lost.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I don't mean to derail your thread, but since we're on the subject...I would want MAMEUI not MAME, if I want to you use it on Win10 and have it act like a normal program without using a DOS window? Correct? I've just recently started looking into it. I really "nerd out" when it come to old school video games. I even bought an adapter to use Atari 2600 joysticks that can now be plugged into USB ports. High-five!
    WHAT?!? When did this happen?!? Besides sometime in 2017. Do you still have this set up? You're supposed to be working, not playing games. We're going to talk about this during your next performance review.
    #H&MCreativeMischiefDesignStudio #BestPlacesToWork #BossIsFunAtParties #HotSecretaries
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Last month a put a deposit down on a custom MAME console that plays over 5000 games. I included spinner for games like Tempest and light guns for shooting games. These consoles are a 6-10month build time.
    https://extremehomearcades.com/home.aspx
    It will be similar to this one
    7c5bx8237lnw.png
    Ron, I might haved missed your thread on this once you received it. I remember seeing your pinball ones. Did you get this arcade, too?

I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2023
    Tempest ate a LOT of my money back in the day. That was my jam, along with Defender.