Hearing is believing!!!

124»

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I'm not knocking it at all. That's why I don't sell my cables. I truly believe and have experienced that somewhere that cable will sound good in a system I own or in the future.

Example, I have a pair of Shotgun S1.3's for 8 years, and have finally found a good spot for them, 1st time in 8years.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

Anyone take the rhodium route?
    Starting w/ the $250 wallplug??
    Rhodium is used over silver to keep the silver from wearing off as its soft enough for that to happen unlike gold, BUT Rhodium doesn't even make the list of the top 25 electrical conductivity list. Like "Yep" stated it can be very cold harsh and sterile. Rhodium best uses comes with things that get a lot of use or harsh environment electrical sockets. Mr. Ken S. linked to an excellent read on silver use it was and is very informative. I didn't know silver was so soft until i got my read on. So now i understand why they flash it with a harder metal. Brass is many times more conductive than Rhodium.
  • CoolJazz
    CoolJazz Posts: 569
    Yep2 wrote: »
    15 years experiece here.
    Your call.
    CoolJazz wrote:
    40 years here. In a broad range of various high voltage and high current applications.
    Yep2 wrote:
    30 yrs electrical exp. here, 15 yrs making audio cables.
    I need a breathalyzer on my computer . :p
    I get a little carried away under the influence. :(
    No worries here, different strokes and all that...

No issues man. We're good!

nm035pfa5cek.jpg
    Yep2 wrote:
    I like silver!
    Rhodium is cold & stetile to me.

Uh-oh...tooooo late!!

B)
    A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Two and a half weeks here. And I can outwire every one of you!