Anyone else on the edge of their seat for Alien: Covenant?

Already bought my opening day tickets for the local Dolby Cinema (audio heaven) as well as some collectibles released today "Alien Day".

Looking forward to Ridley Scott's return to the series and some scares!
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Yes, but waiting for the UHD 4K Blue Ray.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Yes I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed Prometheus
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Alien(s) is a great series!
    I watched Alien last weekend and plan on watching Aliens this weekend.

I love the dark scenery, leaky steam pipes, constant strobes, and loud mechanical clangs....just gets you on the edge of your seat only to be pushed back when a xenomorph rips someones face off.

Love it!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited April 2017
    Cant wait to see this. Lots of juicy trailers being released. I thought Prometheus was a great movie, and I've been waiting to find out what happens next.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    I haven't seen the trailer, but have also been waiting for this next film since the end of Prometheus.

I also liked Prometheus, but I didn't read anything about it before watching, and didn't know it was related to Alien at all until seeing some similarities while watching the film, and then started to wonder. Of course, after the ending, I had to do some reading. I don't think I even knew Ridley Scott directed it at first. Looking back, I enjoyed going into it not knowing anything, and just experiencing it and drawing my own conclusions with no expectations.

I liked the Alien films too, pretty much all of them. Alien Resurrection sticks out. Kinda creepy and disturbing, all the mutant creatures. And Brad Dourif. He's always good for the heebeejeebies. But, bad-A Ripley with long hair? Any time B)
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited April 2017
    I want to take the kids....I dunno, is 11 too young
  • mrbiron
    kevhed72 wrote: »

Dunno....is there enough room in his bed for you to cuddle up with him for the next few years?

Alien had a good "jump factor". My guess Covenant will be more of the same.
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    From the trailer it looks like a remake of the first one, just upgraded
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited April 2017
    kevhed72 wrote: »

Give em hearing protection and sunglasses and your good to go bro.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    So far, in preparation I have watched Alien 1, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, AVP.

Next up, watch Alien 2, Prometheus.

Anything else I'm missing?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Joey_V wrote: »
    So far, in preparation I have watched Alien 1, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, AVP.

I mean you can include AVP 2 Requiem but I wouldn't advise it =P

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • mrbiron

I think you meant to write that you have watched Alien and plan to watch Aliens this weekend. Geesh, who brought this guy... :D

The AVP movies sucked. I have nothing else to add with that comment.
  • codycatalist
    mrbiron wrote: »

I think you meant to write that you have watched Alien and plan to watch Aliens this weekend. Geesh, who brought this guy... :D

The AVP movies sucked. I have nothing else to add with that comment.

I was so hyped when the first one came out only to leave the theater saying WTH?!

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Man, I just saw one of those HBO preview shows on this movie....while there are obvious repeating themes and "stuff" from the other flicks....this may be one of the greatest movies ever made....I know this a bold statement, but it looks mind blowing. Hopefully the story and plot is as well done as the visuals.
  • Joey_V
    Bring it on!!

I have completed my binge watching and I'm prepped and ready!!
  • codycatalist
    edited May 2017
    Bring it on!!

There are quite a few Dolby AMC theaters in Dallas that are showing Alien. I suggest you go to one of those, sound is incredible and picture quality is higher.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Bring it on!!

There are quite a few Dolby AMC theaters that are showing Alien. I suggest you go to one of those, sound is incredible and picture quality is higher.

That must be big city stuff, we don't have places like that here in Texas
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • codycatalist
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Bring it on!!

There are quite a few Dolby AMC theaters that are showing Alien. I suggest you go to one of those, sound is incredible and picture quality is higher.

That must be big city stuff, we don't have places like that here in Texas

Edited the post, I checked their site and it shows a bunch in Dallas.

• codycatalist
    edited May 2017
    zj2enru5l8cx.jpg

The vertical rows of red lines are about 12 6.5 inch drivers on each line. Dolby atmos heights on top near the front and the rest of the red squares are subs.

Did I forget to mention seat rockers XD

• mikeyb128
    I just pre purchased tickets on opening night next week. I'm stoked! I think this is going to be a good one!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mrbiron
    The last movie i saw in the theater was Avatar in IMAX....... :(
    My wife doesn't like movies like this and i can't bring my 3yo so i will have to wait till the discs start being produced.
  • codycatalist
    mrbiron wrote: »
    The last movie i saw in the theater was Avatar in IMAX....... :(
    My wife doesn't like movies like this and i can't bring my 3yo so i will have to wait till the discs start being produced.

It's a shoe in for my blu ray collection. If you use vudu or another HD download service I'll PM you my code.

• Joey_V
    Yep I'm watching that movie on my birthday... Gonna wait till may 23.
  • codycatalist
    I just saw the HBO 15 minute preview - fans of this series s/b pleased. Release date supposedly is tomorrow, 5/19/17. It looks like Ridley Scott will breathe new life in this 4 decade old film series.

Yup watching it at 10am Mtn tomorrow. Will report back on thoughts spoil free.

• mikeyb128
    edited May 2017
    T-minus 2 hours and I will be watching this.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Not me. The 1st one scared the **** outa me. Not a fan... Call me a pu$$y if you want...