194s vs 198s in appearance.

Options
Is there a difference? I just received my order from Polk for some 198s that will go into my Monitor 7s. They look exactly like my 194s that I got earlier. No markings on any of them. Do they look any different from each other? If not, I better make sure to mark them . :)
Scott H.

Comments

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Options
    Size of the wire terminals on the back side?
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    Options
    IIRC the connections are different, don't think you can mix them up.
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • shilmoe
    shilmoe Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks! I see it now. I guess I'm going blind. Yes, the 198 has one of the terminals bigger than the other.
    Scott H.

• shilmoe
    shilmoe Posts: 12
    Options
    How do I mark a thread "answered"?
    Scott H.

• twochannel
    twochannel Posts: 171
    Options
    I had the same question when I received my RD0194's. Polk should put the model number and manufacturing date on the back of the magnet like they did originally.
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Options
    twochannel wrote: »
    I had the same question when I received my RD0194's. Polk should put the model number and manufacturing date on the back of the magnet like they did originally.
    How about Country-of-Origin markings which were ENTIRELY missing on mine. COO was not noted on the box, or on the product, which appears to violate Federal law.
  • Trilithic
    Trilithic Posts: 4
    Options
    I was wondering that too, wanted to make sure I got the 198's, I had to solder the wire to the larger lug, so I'm guessing with the 194 you could use the push on connectors for both positive and negative?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Trilithic wrote: »
    I was wondering that too, wanted to make sure I got the 198's, I had to solder the wire to the larger lug, so I'm guessing with the 194 you could use the push on connectors for both positive and negative?

Or buy the correct size Faston.

Yes, the 194 uses the same size for both.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Trilithic wrote: »

If both of your push on were the same size, did you by chance get the wrong set or did you do the TL upgrade in the xo? If your speakers were TL speakers to begin with you should have had two different connectors to begin with.