Striker Pro Zx question.

Whenever I'm using my headphones to play Xbox games if the headphone plug is touched or disturbed there is static and/or a loud noise. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Answers

• jaguk
    jaguk Posts: 4
    Yes massive problems with this and has seriously negatively affected my opinion of the Polk brand.

I get crackling when the 3.5mm jack is rotated or moved at the controller end + I get even worse crackling from the mic boom. I had the original 4shot headphones for XB1 and have now had to revert back to these as the Striker Pros are exceptional poor build quality for the increased amount of money
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, sorry you're having a problem. All you need to do is package up the headphones and send them to: Polk Service, One Viper Way, Vista, CA. 92081, include a note giving them your name, address, email address, telephone number and a copy of your sales receipt. Polk will quickly replace what's necessary at no charge.
    Regards, Ken
  • jaguk
    edited April 2017
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, sorry you're having a problem. All you need to do is package up the headphones and send them to: Polk Service, One Viper Way, Vista, CA. 92081, include a note giving them your name, address, email address, telephone number and a copy of your sales receipt. Polk will quickly replace what's necessary at no charge.
    Regards, Ken

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. Let me elaborate somewhat. I have had a replacement Xbox adapter already shipped to me directly but the problem persisted albeit slightly better.

In terms of your suggestion, the issue for me at least is that I live in the UK and to ship the whole unit back to you would just cost too much money. I also purchased the headphones 14 months ago ( from Amazon UK).

I'm now in a position where i cannot use the ZX pro due to the cable that runs between the headphones the XB1 adapter has now degraded to the point where I get no sound at all out of the right ear (this started intermittently and was clearly being caused by a fault in the cable itself).

I emailed polkcs@polkaudio.com about this on the 29th March and got a reply within 2 hours. Since informing them that I am in the UK they have failed to respond to all three emails that I have sent trying to find out how to get this resolved.

This is why I have now moved online to voice my concerns about these headphones and the brand in general... and maybe if I'm lucky to get my ZX Pros working again.

To be ignored in a genuine support case is both rude and highly unprofessional.

If you could help with this matter then I am all ears.

Regard, Justin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello Justin,
    I can certainly understand your frustration. Send an email to Ken Carter at: Ken.Carter@soundunited.com he will help I'm sure.
    I'll send a copy of this thread to him so he'll be aware.
    Regards, Ken
  • jaguk
    Hi Ken, OK will do, why the support guys could not do what you have achieved within 1 hour is beyond me... very very frustrating. Thank you
  • jaguk
    DSkip wrote: »
    jaguk wrote: »
    Hi Ken, OK will do, why the support guys could not do what you have achieved within 1 hour is beyond me... very very frustrating. Thank you

Hello jag,

This forum is designed to serve the customers of Polk and to let them speak freely about the products. While not many employees venture here, there are a few, much like Ken above, that can assist in ways that traditional lines do not allow for. Polk is a large company and have been known for their customer service in the past. Once you make proper contact, I'm sure your issues will be resolved.

Hi DSkip,

Did I say something out of the ordinary here to warrant such a response? I emailed the support guys on the 29th March, had one reply, told them of my location in the UK and my subsequent 3 emails were ignored.

As far as the Polk website lead me to believe, polkcs@polkaudio.com was the "proper contact" so thank you for this comment.

I wasn't attacking the Polk community or even the support guys directly, I was merely voicing my frustration at being ignored without reply (for 3 weeks).

Thanks for your input anyway.
  • I got my Polk Striker pro ZX as of September 22, 2017 and around March of 2018, I have gotten crackling sounds every time I move the 3.5 mm jack and have been told from my friends that I have static in the background of my headphones. Also earlier this year my right ear has stopped working and will have no sound coming from it. Please help with this issue of mine.