Sda srs 1.2

Options
Im looking for a set of these. I would like the 1.2tl but open to any set of the 1.2. I'm located in rochester ny and am willing to travel.thanks

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    I thought you found a pair?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sansuibutch
    sansuibutch Posts: 198
    Options
    I found a pair yesterday and they sold fast. I found another set about 6 hours away but can't look at them till next week and the owner is asking twice what everybody says there worth. So I'm keeping my options open and if I find somthing in the meantime Il definetly check them out.
  • F1nut
    Options
    It's likely what you were told they are worth somewhere else isn't what they are actually worth. Besides that, they don't make'em anymore.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 862
    Options
    I think a few of us on AK were telling you to grab them fast if you could. They don't come up for sale very often which is why even at some people's "high" prices, they sell quickly. Hopefully you find a pair that works for you. I had to take a little road trip for mine but it was well worth it in my book.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    I remember going through almost exactly the same thing many years ago. There was a pair close to me for sale but I cheaped out and thought I'd wait till I found a pair for a bit less $$. It took a few years for me to find that pair and they were neither cheaper or closer but no excuses for me the 2nd time around.
  • sansuibutch
    Options
    Thanx everyone. I'm gonna check these out real soon. What impedance are these speakers. I plan on running two amps each in mono. I hear the tls are better for this but don't know why. Are the 1.2's different that the 1.2tl's?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Your acquisition just became a whole lot more expensive.
  • sansuibutch
    Options
    Does anyone know if I can run monoblocks with the 1.2's?
  • F1nut
    Options
    Only by using the original AI-1 or Dreadnought.

President of Club Polk

• sansuibutch
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

I keep reading about the dreadnought. I can't seem to find one for sale or anyone who builds them. Are they available?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

I keep reading about the dreadnought. I can't seem to find one for sale or anyone who builds them. Are they available?

Do a search here PLENTY of information. You must build your own.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options

that should tell you something... :wink:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• sansuibutch
    Options
  • sansuibutch
    Options
    I checked these speakers out yesterday and brought them home. Im pretty sure they are the original sda srs. The interconnect cable has 2 blades. They are in decent shape but will need a little love.
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,170
    Options
    Yes, you have the SRS since the IC socket is blade/blade. Congrats
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    These are not compatible with the AI-1 or dreadnought and can't ever be monblocked
    I checked these speakers out yesterday and brought them home. Im pretty sure they are the original sda srs. The interconnect cable has 2 blades. They are in decent shape but will need a little love.