It's time for the Jedi to end...

nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
edited April 2017 in Music & Movies
Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer is out!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Wow that threw me for a loop. Should be another one of my favorites!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Dork :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    The trailer struck me as sort of aimless. I'll of course fork over my money twice: first for the Imax-3D release and then for the Blu-Ray. Nevertheless, I was hoping for something clearer and more exciting. Like the last 5 minutes of Rogue One.
  • nooshinjohn
    The theory is that Luke has begun to see that the only way to bring balance to the force is to destroy the Jedi and Sith.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    But then how can they make more movies?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited April 2017
    The theory is that Luke has begun to see that the only way to bring balance to the force is to destroy the Jedi and Sith.

Or...they cut him off in mid-sentence as he was saying something like "it's time for the Jedi to end the Sith once and for all".

Destroying all the Jedi and Sith wouldn't bring balance...since there would be nothing to stop other force sensitives to come up in the future...just like the first Sith and the first Jedi did.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • nooshinjohn

Or...they cut him off in mid-sentence as he was saying something like "it's time for the Jedi to end the Sith once and for all".

Destroying all the Jedi and Sith wouldn't bring balance...since there would be nothing to stop other force sensitives to come up in the future...just like the first Sith and the first Jedi did.

Unless he replaces both orders with a combination of the best attributes of both...

• andrew82
    I feel that they really need to wrap up the Skywalker story-line, wrap it up with a nice bow, and then move onto something else.

I think that an exploration of the Old Republic timeline started by the game studio Bioware, and made "official" canon via the Star Wars animated TV shows, would make for an excellent, fresh take. Tons of Jedi/Sith battles, compelling character, and a new narrative.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    nooshinjohnnooshinjohn, your a meanie..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    https://youtu.be/cbeR6uYxU50

Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • nooshinjohn
    warren wrote: »
    nooshinjohnnooshinjohn, your a meanie..
    Just quoting Luke himself... perhaps, as aunt Beru said, there is too much of his father in him.

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Yeah, that pause between "It's time for the Jedi.." "...to end" is editing to give the trailer drama and throw us off. I'm thinking it's..."It's time for the Jedi to rise again and the Sith to end."

I'd like to see Lucasfilm go way back to the early days of the Sith with Darth Bane and his taking over of the Sith and establishing the "Rule of Two", a Master and an Apprentice.
    No excuses!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2017
    Horrible!

After the awesomeness of Rogue One and how **** TFA was this trailer is no surprise. I had high hopes it'd be a solid film, but it looks to be the exact opposite, just another TFA.

When a full trailer hits I'll take back what I said but I'm guessing I won't have to. Just another crap-fest rehash of the old series with an extremely poor cast. Just like Lucas's films 1-3. This just makes me sad and wish they would have made some good films, like Rogue One.

JJ sure set the standard for **** Star Wars, the exact opposite of what he did for Star Trek!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • andrew82
    @Ron-P I agree with you 100%.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Am I the only one who thought Rogue One was the worst Star wars movie of the series ?

Frankly, the lack of imagination in script writing baffles me. Almost every Star Wars movie has the same script, different characters, and their is always a Death Star involved that needs to be blown up.

Plus I thought the characters in Rogue One were not as likeable as other SW movies.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • andrew82
    @tonyb I actually really enjoyed Rogue One for what it was. The characters were refreshing, if a bit underdeveloped. No single one really did it for me; it was more the way they worked together that held my attention.

I do agree that most Star Wars movies operate on a stale, recycled narrative. This is why I recommended above that they focus on an entirely different segment of the story, given the vast trove of canon they have to draw on. I think-if anything-Rogue One has shown the producers at Disney that they can be a bit more creative with the IP , and develop it beyond the traditional tropes and narrative.
  • nooshinjohn
    The Han Solo films may be very different than the other films.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Yeah, that pause between "It's time for the Jedi.." "...to end" is editing to give the trailer drama and throw us off. I'm thinking it's..."It's time for the Jedi to rise again and the Sith to end."...

Here's my prognostication:
    It's time for the Jedi and the Sith to end... and for the Ewoks to rise

Mark my words.

;)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2017
    I would prefer those Twilek dancing girls...

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Yeah, that pause between "It's time for the Jedi.." "...to end" is editing to give the trailer drama and throw us off. I'm thinking it's..."It's time for the Jedi to rise again and the Sith to end."...

Here's my prognostication:
    It's time for the Jedi and the Sith to end... and for the Ewoks to rise

Mark my words.

;)

I'd like to quote Darth Vader from Ep3 RotS...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
    No excuses!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    too many quotes? :neutral:

At any rate, I was just kiddin' round -- although the Ewoks may be ripe for a reboot, you know?

(ahem)
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    I believe Luke will become "Grey" Jedi, using the light and dark sides of the force.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Star Wars abbreviates to SW.

SJW

Coincidence?

Long live Star Trek!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    edited April 2017
    Nightfall wrote: »

SJW

Coincidence?

Long live Star Trek!

LOL, you're to young to know, the only force you know is Power Rangers
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Nightfall
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

SJW

Coincidence?

Long live Star Trek!

Old enough to know incest is gross. You don't see that on Star Trek. ;)

• txcoastal1

SJW

Coincidence?

Long live Star Trek!

Have you ever seen my sister? :*

• txcoastal1
    FYI, I don't have a sister

• Nightfall

SJW

Coincidence?

Long live Star Trek!

I legitimately laughed out loud.

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885

SJW

Coincidence?

Long live Star Trek!

I legitimately laughed out loud.

LLOL?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    That looks awesome!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!!!!
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo: