Thank you AudioThesis

Wardsweb
Wardsweb Posts: 899
A few friends and I were treated to an awesome day of audio, all thanks to Dskip. He brought a SUV load of gear for us to play with. The Dayens amp brought my yellow Mark and Daniel speakers to life. Everyone was amazed at what a huge sound stage and bottom end the little speakers had. The Dayens had all the power, the speakers really needed to open up.

040517.jpg

I fell in love with the Auralic Altair music server/DAC. It not only rocked in my system, but we paired it with a pair of Mark and Daniel powered speakers I have and it was a stand alone music system.

auralicaltair.jpg

To top this off, he opened my eyes and ears to what acoustic treatments can do for the sound of my DIY system in the back room. It totally transformed it to a more focused, cleaner and efficient system.

sunroom040517.jpg
Post edited by Wardsweb on

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    That AudioThesis is a pretty good outfit.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Nice!!!! Sounds like it was a great time and Nice looking setups!!!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    It's always a good time at Luther's
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Another reason I wish I lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The other, my COWBOYS!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Dang it, Luther has one of the sweetest systems around. Nice to see you 2 bump audio uglies. lol

I also love horns, done right anyway. Done wrong....you could probably stop North Korea by turning up the volume. ;)

Do we have a review anywhere on the forum for the Altair ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I'm just mad because I was just a few miles down the road that day and didn't get an invite :(:'(
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I'm just mad because I was just a few miles down the road that day and didn't get an invite :(:'(

Not to worry. There will always be another meet. The truth is, there doesn't even need to be a meet. If you are ever in town, stop by for some tunes and a brewsky.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Ron, you should be ticked. Thoughtless bunch of snobby audiophiles :D
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden