Speaker Cable reccomendations & Bi-wire or standard with matching jumpers

2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    Manticore wrote: »
    Thats what I was also thinking. Basic zip cord wire. I have absolutely nothing else to compare this with so for now I will just make up a few wire jumpers and see if I can even remotely hear some difference.

F1nut; " They need a better translation" the term they used
    This did not make any sense to me either. I was just under the impression that solid copper wire was a good thing instead of copper clad and such. Until I am ready to purchase something different I guess this will have to do. I have a HT store that I frequent so I will ask besides new and used gear do they ever have any second hand speaker connects. Thanks

I'm sure they meant Enhanced Oxygen-Free Copper Loudspeaker Cable.

Take a look in our classifieds and also Audiogon is a great place to shop for quality used cables.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    I do actually like the mythical Manticore creature but more so from Emerson Lake & Palmer's album Tarkus. Which the Manticore fights and loses to tarkus in the bi fold photo art of the album. At least thats how I view it. It was also a record label ( created by ELP ) at some point in time if memory serves.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    Going back to my original post and request. After kicking around multiple options I ordered a pair of Douglas Connection Custom Cables.

axy2rltqi0a6.jpg

Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Thank you for your order Ray :) Please let me know how they sound in your system.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Doug does great work. Congrats!
  • rburgess714
    Thank you for your order Ray :) Please let me know how they sound in your system.

Hey Doug,

I have alway used basic speaker wire and wondered if there was really a difference and if I could hear it myself. I couldn't belive the difference. More dynamic sound, separation of instruments and precision. The build quality of these cables is outstanding.

Thank you,
    Ray
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,422
    Good going, Ray, and congrats on the new cables! I like Doug and his cables, as well. Beautiful set there.

My position was always open but skeptical, but my experience was similar to yours when I actually tried good cables. I simply couldn't deny the improvements. I remember sitting there listening, smiling and shaking my head, incredulously. I just couldn't believe it, enjoying how good everything sounded, details and refinements I just never knew were there before.
    I disabled signatures.
  • rburgess714
    msg wrote: »
    Good going, Ray, and congrats on the new cables! I like Doug and his cables, as well. Beautiful set there.

My position was always open but skeptical, but my experience was similar to yours when I actually tried good cables. I simply couldn't deny the improvements. I remember sitting there listening, smiling and shaking my head, incredulously. I just couldn't believe it, enjoying how good everything sounded, details and refinements I just never knew were there before.

Hey Scott, thanks.. I am starting to have fun with all this :)
    Living Room

Office

• rburgess714
    DSkip wrote: »
    Congrats Ray! His entry level IC's are still one of the best values on the market. It takes about double his price to better them, especially in solid state systems.

Hey Skip, That's good to know as I was actually thinking about that this afternoon.
    Living Room

Office

• helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Thanks for the kind words guys :) Thanks Ray, glad to hear you have noticed an improvement in the sound with the new speaker cables. These are our custom Bi-wire Cables made with 12 AWG 4 conductor Furez wire. The connectors are silver plated copper also made by Furez. These are one of the best bang for the buck speaker cables you will find anywhere, and compare very favorably with cables costing a whole lot more.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227