Mother's Day Research

Jaybeez
Jaybeez Posts: 737
My wife watches TV via iPad most evenings in bed. She has declared the HD280's "too hot" for this purpose and is asking for a set of bluetooth earbuds for "Mother's Day".

In my house, this means she wants them ASAP, but I won't have to get her a gift when the real Mother's Day comes around.

Haven't found solid recos for these anywhere so far, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts and opinions on something under $100 for this purpose. Comfort over fidelity for her.

Any input appreciated.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    in-ear, over the ear, on-ear?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Jaybeez
    In ear

Thanks.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Has she worn in ear monitors before? I think I bought my wife about 4 different pairs and they were all too big for her ears i.e. painful. I finally ordered her this pretty cheap pair on amazon "made for women" i.e. humans with small ears. She's love them, but they are not Bluetooth...something to consider.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Jaybeez
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Has she worn in ear monitors before? I think I bought my wife about 4 different pairs and they were all too big for her ears i.e. painful. I finally ordered her this pretty cheap pair on amazon "made for women" i.e. humans with small ears. She's love them, but they are not Bluetooth...something to consider.

Thanks for the tip. Definitely something to consider.