Goodwill Score

I've never had any luck at our local goodwill stores with LP's but finally broke the streak! All are in very good shape, just need a good cleaning, for a whopping 4 dollars.gl8bzn5ewphb.jpg

McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    4 bucks not bad at all
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Well done sir.
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    Thanks. Nice departure from the usual selections of Herb Alpert, Ray Conniff and Barbara Streisand.
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    What????? No Christmas music or crazy religious albums.... can't be from Goodwill!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The Beatles stuff, are they colored vinyl? Those are worth a bit if they are
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065

As long as you don't play them multiple times in quick succession.
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256

Unfortunately no colored but didn't already have those two best of. The one that appears to be a good catch is the Neil Young 'Time Fades Away'. Hard to find and also has the big azz poster with all the lyrics.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Yes that Time Fades away is a great find the store I frequent is asking $29 smackers for a near mint copy, hang on to that one or sell it to me.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    The only thing that my local Goodwill store has is threadbare clothes and flea infested sofas.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Great find. My local stores used to be .25 cents each. Now they are $1.50. Always fun to look. That's what treasure hunting is all about. Sooner or later you find a treasure. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    It was cool when the local libraries decided to dump their CD's at goodwill.
    I contributed money to GW then. o:)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    A
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Great find. My local stores used to be .25 cents each. Now they are $1.50. Always fun to look. That's what treasure hunting is all about. Sooner or later you find a treasure. Peace. D
    (emphasis added :))

As Louis Pasteur said:
    Chance favors the prepared mind

I.e., keep lookin'!

:)

• stones89
    stones89 Posts: 229
    decal wrote: »
    The only thing that my local Goodwill store has is threadbare clothes and flea infested sofas.

Same here.
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Good finds, I'm jealous.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    That's a good day at Goodwill! I love to find the treasure trove, makes the hunt worthwhile!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Kryten
    Kryten Posts: 79
    edited October 2017
    Bumping an older thread, just because. Scored a Sammy Davis Jr. LP for $1.50 and my second pair of Monitor Series 5 today for just over $50 out the door. This was at Salvation Army. The Goodwill down the street would have listed the speakers for $30 instead of $50.
    I already have the parts for the 1st pair of Series 5 which I did find at GW for $32. By the time they are done, they'll be $32 (GW Speakers) +$121 (RDO-198 Tweets) + $50 (Posts and Inductors) + $228 (Soniccaps and resistors) + $110 (Pangea 32" stands) = $540. Hmmmmmmm. That's the first time I've added it up. Parts are in the shop, speakers are disassembled, cabinets cleaned. I'm planning on using them as either surrounds or back speakers.

I really doubt I'll do the same to the pair I picked up today. Funny how this "hobby" works. Maybe it's time to sell something? Anyone want a pair of Kenwood JL-1090AV field party speakers for the low, low price of $540????? Ok, how about just $40? (and don't ask me about the 7 amps and receivers waiting to go across the bench). And for heavens sake, leave my recent acquisition HPM-100s out of the conversation. I haven't fired them up since I went down to TN to pick them up during the eclipse.

(selling one house, recently married, a lot of honey-do and necessary lists being worked)
  • bassfann
    bassfann Posts: 151
    I never find any decent vinyl,usually WELL used copies,at GW. Yard sales seem to be the same. 'I have Beatles albums,so they're worth a lot",seems to be common. They seem to forget that the biggest band produced millions of copies.